segmentation fault problem
Author Message
 segmentation fault problem

Hello everyone :)

I have a problem here with my f90 program.  I managed to narrow
the problem down to a matrix copying procedure:

       forall (i = 1: n, j = 1: n)
          Anew(i,j) = A(i,j)
       end forall

This procedure is part of a subroutine used to solve the system of
equations Ax = b using the Jacobi iteration method. It was necessary to
use this copying procedure so Anew can be subsequently distributed using
HPF directives without disturbing other parts of the main program.

The main program is run on a number of data files. For small values of
n, the procedure seems to work OK. However, for larger values, a
segmentation fault message results. Could you please assist in this
matter?

Thanks heaps for your help.

Victor

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 segmentation fault problem

Quote:

>I have a problem here with my f90 program.  I managed to narrow
>the problem down to a matrix copying procedure:

No one can answer this intelligently without more information.  How did you
allocate storage for ANew(:,:)?  Did you run with bounds checking?  If you used
dynamic allocation, are your system limits set high enough to allow stack or
heap to grow?
Tim Prince

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Another Segmentation Fault problem

2. Strange segmentation fault problem with C++ extension

3. how to find segmentation fault problem with Sun f90

4. dimensions and segmentation fault problem

5. Segmentation Fault problem

6. Memory problem Segmentation fault / exhaust

7. Problem with Tcl_Alloc, Tcl_LinkVar, and segmentation faults

8. visual works 3.1 image has segmentation fault on 2.4 kernel (red hat 8.0)

9. segmentation fault on gabage collect

10. Segmentation faults

11. Segmentation Fault while compiling Eiffel classes.

12. Segmentation faults