Sun F77 compiler with Vax binary file Query
Author Message
 Sun F77 compiler with Vax binary file Query

We have some programs written in fortran on a Vax which we have had to move to
a Sun Sparc running SunOS 4.1.3 . We have recompiled the programs but now find
that they dont work as expected. I suspect it is because they are working on
files which have been transferred from the Vax.
In the pollowing excerpt i am running one of the programs on the sun which
readds from a binary file which has been transferred from a Vax. It produces
the following error.

Script started on Tue Jul 27 11:14:35 1993

tigermoth 1> ppconv
   R15451.RAW
   R15451.VLT
 Note: the following IEEE floating-point arithmetic exceptions
 occurred and were never cleared; see ieee_flags(3M):
 Inexact;  Underflow;
 Sun's implementation of IEEE arithmetic is discussed in
 the Numerical Computation Guide.

script done on Tue Jul 27 11:15:26 1993

I have also had trouble with another program transferred to the Sun which reads from  an ascii file which
was created on the Vax by a F77 program. It gives the following error.

Script started on Tue Jul 27 11:26:09 1993

tigermoth 1> offconv
    R15451.OFF
   OF15451.DAT
dofio: [-1] end of file
logical unit 2, named 'R15451.OFF'
lately: reading sequential formatted external IO
part of last data: -23     -23^?|
Abort (core dumped)

script done on Tue Jul 27 11:26:19 1993
---------------------------------------
It looks as if there are extra characters after the last -23 in the above
script.

Can anyone suggest what is going wrong in these two programs and how to fix
them?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

--
Paul Porcelli
Technical Programmer

Tel: 041-339-8855 (x4345)

Sat, 13 Jan 1996 18:36:16 GMT

1. Porting VAX F77 to Sun F77. Need help

2. Reading Binary files with f77 from Sun

3. Possible bug in Vax DEC F77 compiler??

4. Array sizes on Sun f77 compiler

5. F90 Sun compilers [Was: Migration from F77]

6. Problem with Suns F77 compiler

7. Which f77 compiler is correct (Sun, Linux)?

8. MOD intrinsic with the sun f77 compiler

9. Write to stderr: How? (Sun f77 compiler)

10. static storage compiler switch for Sun f77?

11. Sun F77 compiler

12. "-r8" option on Sun F77 compiler