f2c,g77 and ibset ibclr
Author Message
 f2c,g77 and ibset ibclr

Hi,
   I'm in the process of trying to port approx 80,000 lines of code onto
a linux box using f2c and gcc 2.5.8. Every is going well except it fails
on a few lines with the following intrinsics

ibset
ibclr

Looking at a fortran manual these are not standard F77 but seem to be
supported by at least, Microsoft, DEC, SUN, Convex, Cray and EPCF77.
(I have compiled this code with all the above compilers with no problem)
Does anyone know of a way round this problem for f2c and LINUX perhaps
a C subroutine that I can use to emulate these intrinsics.

Also since support for this seems to be on a broad basis does G77 support
ibset and ibclr. (I intend swiching to G77 for linux when I get a new
hard drive!)

Many thanks
Jon

Fri, 29 Aug 1997 16:58:04 GMT
 f2c,g77 and ibset ibclr

   Also since support for this seems to be on a broad basis does G77 support
   ibset and ibclr. (I intend swiching to G77 for linux when I get a new
   hard drive!)

Yes, g77 supports IBSET, IBCLR, and the other intrinsics classically
referring to as MIL-STD 1753, but also part of standard Fortran 90.

Further, g77 supports old hard drives as well as new ones.  :-)
--

Fri, 29 Aug 1997 20:42:27 GMT

1. g77/f2c: diff between double and doublereal?

2. G77 breaks f2c on Linux?

3. f2c/g77 and the pointer extention....

4. g77 and f2c

5. Porting problem with g77 or f2c on Linux

6. g77 vs f2c : Experiences ?

7. Advice sought: using g77,f2c for fortran code development

8. f2c, g77, libraries questions

9. g77, Linux, and f2c shared libs

10. f2c, g77 / STRUCTURE, RECORD ?

11. Possible bug in f2c/g77