Intel Visual Fortran 9.0 MINLOC problem (sort of)
Author Message
 Intel Visual Fortran 9.0 MINLOC problem (sort of)

My operating system is Windows 2000, using MS Visual Studo.Net 2003
Professional Ed. and all the other stuff that goes with it, along with
IVF package ID: W_FC_C_9[1].0.025.

I've come across this problem with [what I think is] the MINLOC
function when in Debug mode and this compiler option enabled: Check
Uninitialized Variables (/RTCu).  The test program is a short one:

______
program test

INTEGER  min2(1)

 min2 = MINLOC((/-7,2,-7,5/))
 write(*,*) min2
end
_____

When running the program with the /RTCu switch "on" the program aborts
before ever reaching the "write" statment.  When stepping through the
"min2 = MINLOC..." line I get this error:

Run-Time Check Failure #3 - The variable '' is being used without being
defined.

So what exactly is being used before being defined????  When I disable
the switch it runs fine and gives the answer it's supposed to.  The
problem is that I have a much bigger, complicated program that I'd like
to run with ALL the debugging options available and this is just
killing me because I can't get pass any MINLOC function where it SHOULD
work.

Anyone know a work-around?

Tue, 22 Apr 2008 06:19:36 GMT
 Intel Visual Fortran 9.0 MINLOC problem (sort of)

Quote:

>So what exactly is being used before being defined????

The fish.

Seriously, compiler bugs don't have to make sense.

Quote:
>Anyone know a work-around?

What did Intel say?

-- greg

Tue, 22 Apr 2008 07:26:50 GMT
 Intel Visual Fortran 9.0 MINLOC problem (sort of)

Quote:

> >So what exactly is being used before being defined????

> The fish.

> Seriously, compiler bugs don't have to make sense.

> >Anyone know a work-around?

> What did Intel say?

> -- greg

Just got a notification from their support site that the problem is
"being investigated".  If I get any resolution to this I'll post it.

Amalia

Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:18:04 GMT

1. Building DLLs with Compaq Visual Fortran and Intel Visual Fortran

2. missing -Vaxlib library using Suse 9.0 AMD64 and Intel Linux Fortran 7.0

3. NaN in intel fortran 9.0 for windows integrated with VS.Net

4. Announcing Intel Fortran Compilers 9.0

5. Intel Fortran 9.0 and 9.1 using VS 2005

6. using Intel Visual Fortran with Visual C++ 2005 Express

7. Compaq Visual Fortran or Intel Fortran Compiler?

8. makefile from linux lahey fortran to intel visual fortran on windows

9. Heisenbug in Intel's MINLOC()

10. DEC or Intel FORTRAN for Visual Studio 97

11. Intel Visual Fortran Professional Edition - Pricing and Upgrades

12. Intel Visual Fortran