PGI Visual Fortran Preview Edition available
Author Message
 PGI Visual Fortran Preview Edition available

"Portland,
June 9, 2006
PGI integrates 64-bit optimizing parallel fortran compilers and tools
for multi-core x64 processors with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005

The Portland Group? (PGI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of
STMicroelectronics, today announced a public preview edition of PGI
Visual Fortran? (PVF?). The PVF Preview Edition fully integrates
the PGI suite of high-performance parallelizing 64-bit Fortran
compilers and tools with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 to offer a
high-productivity development solution to scientists and engineers
upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit Microsoft Windows platforms. PVF is
also integrated with the Microsoft Platform Software Developer's Kit
(SDK) and the current Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) library."

more details at http://www.*-*-*.com/ #18

Fri, 28 Nov 2008 08:20:47 GMT
 PGI Visual Fortran Preview Edition available

Quote:

> "Portland,
> June 9, 2006
> PGI integrates 64-bit optimizing parallel Fortran compilers and tools
> for multi-core x64 processors with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005

> The Portland Group? (PGI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of
> STMicroelectronics, today announced a public preview edition of PGI
> Visual Fortran? (PVF?). The PVF Preview Edition fully integrates
> the PGI suite of high-performance parallelizing 64-bit Fortran
> compilers and tools with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 to offer a
> high-productivity development solution to scientists and engineers
> upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit Microsoft Windows platforms. PVF is
> also integrated with the Microsoft Platform Software Developer's Kit
> (SDK) and the current Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) library."

> more details at http://www.pgroup.com/about/news.htm#18

Interesting.  I would have thought that "visual fortran" was trademarked
or licensed or something.  I would think that would prohibit two of the
same type of product calling themselves "visual fortran".  Learn
something every day, by gosh.

Fri, 28 Nov 2008 08:37:25 GMT

1. Free PGI Visual Fortran

2. PGI Visual Fortran

3. PGI F90v5.1 bug -- fixed in later editions?

4. Lahey/Fujitsu Fortran Technology Preview for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

5. Intel Visual Fortran Professional Edition - Pricing and Upgrades

6. FS: Digital Visual Fortran 5.0 Standard Edition

7. FS: Digital Visual Fortran 5.0 Standard Edition

8. DIGITAL Visual Fortran Professional Edition

9. Book Available: Fortran IV 3rd edition

10. edBFC Release 1.0 (Preview Edition) Announced!!!

11. Creating - Fortran 77 dll for use in Visual Basic 6.0 (not using Compaq Visual Fortran)

12. Building DLLs with Compaq Visual Fortran and Intel Visual Fortran