used not declared
Author Message
 used not declared

I remember HP fortran having the capability of warning when
variables were used in a program without being decalared
variables were used in a program without being declared
(thus avoiding many problems with implicit y typing of
variables).  Do other Fortran compilers have this feature?
I'm particularly interested in MS Fortran PowerStation.
Nothing about this seems to be sais said in the user's
manual.

(Pleas e excuse typos, backspace is misbehaving!)

Erik

Thu, 28 Aug 1997 04:54:38 GMT
 used not declared

Quote:

>I remember HP Fortran having the capability of warning when
>variables were used in a program without being decalared
>variables were used in a program without being declared
>(thus avoiding many problems with implicit y typing of
>variables).  Do other Fortran compilers have this feature?
>I'm particularly interested in MS Fortran PowerStation.
>Nothing about this seems to be sais said in the user's
>manual.

IMPLICIT NONE is supported by many F77 compilers (as an extension) and
is a standard F90 feature.

Dan
--
Dan Pop
CERN, CN Division

Thu, 28 Aug 1997 07:54:01 GMT
 used not declared
MS Fortran Powerstation does support IMPLICIT NONE.  See Page 355 of the
Language Guide for details.

Not that I'd use such a modern concept myself :-), but it's there.

Ken Plotkin

Thu, 28 Aug 1997 10:45:50 GMT

1. Newbie: FILENAME not declared?

2. GetSecurityInfo not declared, can anone help with definition ????

3. a bus declared in component but not in portmap

4. compare function for SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES declared but not present

5. declaring something to be NOT special...

6. winDumpExts.c does not declare LIBRARY

7. Making Toolbox calls using DECLARE?

8. Where declaring global variables when using exe + dll's with different data-dictionaries

9. Using a Variable Declared in a DLL

10. C4B - Declaring & using Record Structure

11. Do GPM compilers require declare before using.

12. Declaring resolved signals using To_X01Z