Translating fortran source code to matlab program (*.m) code
Author Message
 Translating fortran source code to matlab program (*.m) code

As mentioned in the subject, is there any method to convert fortran
source code into matlab program code? Or should I use fmex thing to
call fortran subroutines in matlab program?

Many thanks to any kinds of suggestions in advance!

Hojae Yi
--------------
Visiting Scholar
Dept. of Agricultural and Biological Engineering
College of Agricultural Sciences/College of Engineering
The Pennsylvania State University

Sun, 28 Sep 2003 06:08:58 GMT
 Translating fortran source code to matlab program (*.m) code
On TMW website, www.mathworks.com, go to the downloads section.
Go to the Version 5 ftp link, and then to Various Tools.  There
you will find a file called f77toM.pl.  This is a Perl script
to convert F77 to Matlab.  Never used it or looked at it, so
maybe someone else could comment.

Jason

Quote:

> As mentioned in the subject, is there any method to convert fortran
> source code into matlab program code? Or should I use fmex thing to
> call fortran subroutines in matlab program?

> Many thanks to any kinds of suggestions in advance!

> Hojae Yi
> --------------
> Visiting Scholar
> Dept. of Agricultural and Biological Engineering
> College of Agricultural Sciences/College of Engineering
> The Pennsylvania State University

Sun, 28 Sep 2003 08:56:27 GMT
 Translating fortran source code to matlab program (*.m) code

Quote:

> As mentioned in the subject, is there any method to convert fortran
> source code into matlab program code? Or should I use fmex thing to
> call fortran subroutines in matlab program?

If you choose to use the MEX file gateways to your Fortran code, NAG
has a product that may help you.

The NAGWare Gateway Generator (NGG) is a software tool that can help
you to generate Fortran gateway code semi-automatically. The NGG can
scan the Fortran source to extract as much information about the
interface as possible. You then need to provide a little more
information and can edit the data to create optional arguments and
default values, etc.  The NGG then generates the Fortran source code
for the gateway automatically.

For further details see http://www.nag.co.uk/nagware.asp

Ian Hounam                         Tel: +44 (0)1865 511245
NAG Ltd.                           Fax: +44 (0)1865 311205

Jordan Hill Road                   WWW: http://www.nag.co.uk
Oxford OX2 8DR
UK

Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:47:26 GMT
 Translating fortran source code to matlab program (*.m) code
Dear Hojae Yi,

if you visit  http://www.mathworks.com/support/ftp/toolsv5.shtml
you will find the program f77toM.pl (written in perl 5) available for
download. This script converts F77 or F90 files to m files.

I hope this will help.

Regards,
Eduardo

Quote:

> As mentioned in the subject, is there any method to convert fortran
> source code into matlab program code? Or should I use fmex thing to
> call fortran subroutines in matlab program?

> Many thanks to any kinds of suggestions in advance!

> Hojae Yi

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 02:30:03 GMT

1. translate FORTRAN to MATLAB code

2. Converting FORTRAN source code to C source code

3. Source code to diagram fortran code

4. Data Recovery SOURCE CODE ( SOURCE CODES of Professional Data Recovery Software )

5. source code for fortran programs

6. Program for Fortran type conversion (source code)

7. jHaskell; translating Haskell code to Java code

8. Translate FORTRAN code VMS to NT

9. HELP: Translate Fortran Code back to Maple procedure

10. ASM code public/private key cryptography source code

11. Source code for a Morse Code simulator

12. Open Source Code or Free code