Executing Fortran Code One Line at a Time
Author Message
 Executing Fortran Code One Line at a Time

Hi guys. I'm a bit of a newbie to fortran having only started learning
it on my Physics course at Uni - so far I'm enjoying it. It's certainly
a far more logical language then what I've used before (eg. Visual
Basic)

One thing that's bugging me though is that I can't find somewhere where
I can execute code I write one line at a time. I think it was called
stepping ro something in VB. That was one feature that was extremely
useful when my VB programs used to get quite complex.

Is their anything in Salford Plato 3.20 that can do this? I have the
Personal edition (the free one with the annoying banner)

Cheers,

Matt

Wed, 14 May 2008 05:43:05 GMT
 Executing Fortran Code One Line at a Time

Quote:
> Hi guys. I'm a bit of a newbie to Fortran having only started learning
> it on my Physics course at Uni - so far I'm enjoying it. It's certainly
> a far more logical language then what I've used before (eg. Visual
> Basic)

> One thing that's bugging me though is that I can't find somewhere where
> I can execute code I write one line at a time. I think it was called
> stepping ro something in VB. That was one feature that was extremely
> useful when my VB programs used to get quite complex.

> Is their anything in Salford Plato 3.20 that can do this? I have the
> Personal edition (the free one with the annoying banner)

> Cheers,

> Matt

Some de{*filter*}s will allow stepping through the code one line at a time but
this is a feature of the de{*filter*} not of Fortran.
Jim

Wed, 14 May 2008 06:30:04 GMT
 Executing Fortran Code One Line at a Time

Quote:

>> Hi guys. I'm a bit of a newbie to Fortran having only started learning
>> it on my Physics course at Uni - so far I'm enjoying it. It's certainly
>> a far more logical language then what I've used before (eg. Visual
>> Basic)

>> One thing that's bugging me though is that I can't find somewhere where
>> I can execute code I write one line at a time. I think it was called
>> stepping ro something in VB. That was one feature that was extremely
>> useful when my VB programs used to get quite complex.

>> Is their anything in Salford Plato 3.20 that can do this? I have the
>> Personal edition (the free one with the annoying banner)

>> Cheers,

>> Matt

> Some de{*filter*}s will allow stepping through the code one line at a time but
> this is a feature of the de{*filter*} not of Fortran.
> Jim

You could put output statements every now and then.
Jim

Wed, 14 May 2008 11:07:51 GMT
 Executing Fortran Code One Line at a Time
I've found an option in the Plato software that lets me step through
the code by pressing F7.

It's under Build --> Step Into in case anyone else is interested.

Thanks for the replies.

Matt

Thu, 15 May 2008 07:08:23 GMT

1. How to replace one or two words with one word with one line of awk code

2. dynamic memory allocated fortran code takes more time to execute

3. Executing several processes one at a time.

4. Need a reliable way to determine the line of code being executed

5. execute code every set time

6. processing one line in a file at a time using awk

7. reading files one line at a time.

8. reading a line and executing a command on that line

9. DECIPHER ONE LINE OF CODE

10. Execute python script via C API line-by-line

11. Fortran to edit one line of text file

12. One More Time...GNU Fortran Mailing List (new address)