flush of Sun Fotran doesn't work?
Author Message
 flush of Sun Fotran doesn't work?

It seems that the Sun fortran flush call doesn't work as expected
normally. I have various flush calls, but obviously the contents
is not output just after the flush call. Is this the expected behavior
of Sun Fortran, what's the real use of flush call if it can't perform
the output at the call? Does this have something to do with NFS, i.e,
NFS is still buffered? My home dir is NFS mouted. Thanks very much.

Sat, 30 Aug 1997 00:33:59 GMT
 flush of Sun Fotran doesn't work?

Quote:
>It seems that the Sun Fortran flush call doesn't work as expected
>normally. I have various flush calls, but obviously the contents
>is not output just after the flush call. Is this the expected behavior
>of Sun Fortran, what's the real use of flush call if it can't perform
>the output at the call? Does this have something to do with NFS, i.e,
>NFS is still buffered? My home dir is NFS mouted. Thanks very much.

It's always helpful if you provide which operating environment version
(SunOS or Solaris) you're using and the version of f77.

The answer to your question is yes, NFS I/O is buffered and
asynchronous to your program execution.  The amount of buffering,
delays, etc. are dependent on the loading of your network and the
versions of operating system software being used.

Perhaps if you mentioned what you are actually trying to accomplish, we
might be able to provide a method of acheiving it.

Chuck
--
Chuck Fisher                                             415-336-4654
SunSoft Developer Products Support

This posting does not represent nor have the approval of my employer.

Sat, 30 Aug 1997 01:46:52 GMT

1. flush doesn't work with dec3100 f77 compiler

2. Alt key menu traversal on Sun doesn't work

3. BLT installs but doesn't work, and TkTable doesn't build

4. EAI works (or doesn't work) differently under different platforms

5. tkman works/doesn't work [hpux9]

6. match works, don't match doesn't

7. Bevel Buttons' icon doesn't work

8. re.LOCALE | re.IGNORECASE doesn't work as you'd expect

9. expect's full_buffer doesn't seem to work

10. [entry]'s -disabledforeground doesn't work

11. += doesn't work in python cgi's

12. BLT [graph configure -background] doesn't affect axis backgrounds on my Sun