Using GETARG in Absoft Fortran under MPW
Author Message
 Using GETARG in Absoft Fortran under MPW

Greetings,

I'm attempting to use the GETARG routine in a fortran application
that I'm porting to a Power Mac. I'm using Absoft's Power Fortran,
version 6.2, under MPW all under Mac OS 8.5. I'm able to compile
and link the application with no problems. My problem comes in
executing the application, where I get the following error message:

### MPW Shell - Unable to create the finder parameter list for this application.
### MPW Shell - Unable to get information on "2001".
# File not found (OS error -43)

The application calls for two arguments to be entered on the command
line. I entered them as follows:

                        bobdays  2001  160

where bobdays is the name of the application, and 2001 and 160 are the
two arguments required. I'd like to know:

     1. what is the cause of my problem?
     2. what do I need to do to correct it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sam Dupree.

  600 West Harvey St., Apt A-703
  Philadelphia, PA 19144, USA             http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~sdupree/

  HOME: (215) 842-3663      WORK: (610) 531-7994       FAX: (610) 531-3145

                             Ad Astra per Aspera

Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:05:01 GMT
 Using GETARG in Absoft Fortran under MPW

Quote:
>I'm attempting to use the GETARG routine in a Fortran application
>that I'm porting to a Power Mac. I'm using Absoft's Power Fortran,
>version 6.2, under MPW all under Mac OS 8.5. I'm able to compile
>and link the application with no problems. My problem comes in
>executing the application, where I get the following error message:

I believe command-line processing only works with MPW tool programs, not
application programs.

--

Amnesty International calls for new trial for Mumia Abu-Jamal
<http://www.amnestyusa.org/abolish/reports/mumia/>

Fri, 07 Nov 2003 00:21:13 GMT

1. OT? MPW problem with Absoft fortran

2. CGI forms using POST method and Absoft Fortran on Linux

3. Warnings and GETENV routine when using ABSOFT Fortran

4. Language System fortran or Absoft fortran?

5. getenv, getarg, iargc, system etc with intel fortran compiler

6. HP-UX Fortran 90 getarg

7. GETARG & IARGC in Intel Fortran

8. getarg/sleep/etime for Visual Fortran

9. Fortran on Linux (f2c): NARG() and GETARG()

10. HP C/Fortran getarg question

11. MS Fortran PowerStation and "getarg" subroutine

12. FORTRAN getarg and iargc (HP-UX8.05)