f90-Lapack
Author Message
 f90-Lapack

I would like to use the subroutines of Lapack in my f90-programs.
For this purpose , I have tried to recompile this package with
the f90 compiler (of Nag).

The compiler f90 seems to be unable to compile all subroutines working
with COMPLEX (DOUBLE PRECISION).
For example at the follwing line, an error occur:

INTRINSIC ABS, DIMAG

                seems to be unknown

Is there a way to solve this problem ?

For all other functions I haven't met any problem.

P.S.
     If I use the library still compiled with fortran 77 in my f90-programs,
     I meet some numerical anomalies. It's why I want to recompile this package.

---

  Vincent HEUVELINE
      IRISA
  Campus universitaire de Beaulieu
  35042 RENNES Cedex (FRANCE)

          ---------

  Tel: (33) 99.84.74.89

Mon, 02 Dec 1996 22:38:24 GMT
 f90-Lapack

Quote:
>The compiler f90 seems to be unable to compile all subroutines working
>with COMPLEX (DOUBLE PRECISION).
>For example at the follwing line, an error occur:

>INTRINSIC ABS, DIMAG
>                seems to be unknown

>Is there a way to solve this problem ?

DIMAG is not a Fortran intrinsic. Replace it with AIMAG.

Dan
--
Dan Pop
CERN, CN Division

Tue, 03 Dec 1996 02:08:36 GMT
 f90-Lapack

Quote:

>>The compiler f90 seems to be unable to compile all subroutines working
>>with COMPLEX (DOUBLE PRECISION).
>>For example at the follwing line, an error occur:

>>INTRINSIC ABS, DIMAG
>>                seems to be unknown

>>Is there a way to solve this problem ?

>DIMAG is not a Fortran intrinsic. Replace it with AIMAG.

It is rather unfortunate that Fortran 90 did not keep the current practice
double complex intrinsic names as specific names for the generic functions.
When you need to replace DREAL (...) with REAL (..., KIND=KIND(0.0D0)) in
a package like LAPACK (and the ... may extend over several lines), you
really wish that there were a good Fortran pre-processor.

By the way, is there any true PD Fortran pre-processor ? By true, I mean
more Fortran format conscious than cpp.

Michel

---

| IFREMER: Institut Francais de Recherches pour l'Exploitation de la Mer|

Tue, 03 Dec 1996 15:04:12 GMT

1. NAG f90 and LAPACK

2. Calling LAPACK and BLAS routines from F90

3. LAPACK in f90?

4. Using LAPACK with F90

5. Nonadvancing READ(f90) versus getc(f90 extension) performance

6. OSCALL.F90 and UUIDGEN.F90

7. F90 vs. C++ and books on F90

8. HP F90 (was: optimization, f77 vs f90)

9. Vi$ual f90 -> Digital f90

10. NAGACE f90 vs NAGware f90

11. a linux F90 compatible with DEC f90?

12. LAPACK and J