Maximal free space on the plot
Author Message
 Maximal free space on the plot

Hello. My question does not concern directly to the fortran, but my
program
is written on the FORTRAN.

There is a plot with several curves. Whether there is an algorithm of a

finding of the maximal free space on the plot to place a legend?

Thanks,
Michael,
Tomsk, Russia.

Fri, 02 Jan 2009 14:48:21 GMT
 Maximal free space on the plot

Quote:

> Hello. My question does not concern directly to the FORTRAN, but my
> program is written on the FORTRAN.

> There is a plot with several curves. Whether there is an algorithm of a
> finding of the maximal free space on the plot to place a legend?

It isn't in Fortran, either :), but you might look at some of the plot
labelling routines in Matlab -- they handle the problem at least
moderately well.

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadCategory.do

is the location of the user-contributed files -- I'm pretty sure there
are some routines in the graphics subsection that
extend/modify/improve(?) the Matlab-basic routines you could peruse and
see how their logic works and get some ideas to implement therefrom...

HTH...

Sat, 03 Jan 2009 05:06:09 GMT
 Maximal free space on the plot

Quote:

> Hello. My question does not concern directly to the FORTRAN, but my
> program
> is written on the FORTRAN.

> There is a plot with several curves. Whether there is an algorithm of a

> finding of the maximal free space on the plot to place a legend?

The easiest solution is to increase the space between your righthand y-axis and margin,
and put your legend there. If you have inordinately long legend names you can do the same
under the bottom x-axis. I prefer the former solution - even when there is enough room
(somewhere) within the plot axis boundaries.

cheers,

paulv

--
Paul van Delst             Ride lots.

Ph: (301)763-8000 x7748
Fax:(301)763-8545

Sat, 03 Jan 2009 22:34:51 GMT

1. used space 0, free space 0

2. Programmatically expanding label space in Plot Legends

3. CAN REXX PLOT AN ACCURATE GRAPH INSIDE 800 X 600 DPI SCREEN SPACE

4. maximal integer value

5. Free PS plotting library

6. Getting Volume Size/Free Space VIA appleevent

7. Free disk space in Carbon/OS X apps?

8. Free space on disk

9. disk free space

10. Free Space