Win32 Debug vs Win32 Release when Fortran files are included (+IMSL)
Author Message
 Win32 Debug vs Win32 Release when Fortran files are included (+IMSL)

All,

    I build a DLL project (ATL) which contains a mix of C++ files and
fortran files    If I use the Win32 Debug configuration, everythings works
fine. No
error, the DLL is build correctly    If I use the Win32 Release MinSize or
Win32 Release MinDependency configuration I got an unresolved external
symbol:

Linking...
   Creating library ReleaseMinDependency/LDT.lib and object
ReleaseMinDependency/LDT.exp
dfordll.lib(DFORMAIN.OBJ) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_MAIN__
ReleaseMinDependency/LDT.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Why a MAIN is required in Win32 - Release configuration and not in Win32
Debug ?
Any suggestion ?

Pascal.

--
--------- Before replying --------------------
To avoid SPAM ,  replace "spam" by

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:36:17 GMT
 Win32 Debug vs Win32 Release when Fortran files are included (+IMSL)
I posted an answer to your same question on the CVF forum.  This is
not a fortran issue, per se.  It IS, in fact, an ATL FAQ.

Undefine _ATL_MIN_CRT.

-John

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:36:17 -0500, "Pascal"

Quote:

>All,

>    I build a DLL project (ATL) which contains a mix of C++ files and
>Fortran files    If I use the Win32 Debug configuration, everythings works
>fine. No
>error, the DLL is build correctly    If I use the Win32 Release MinSize or
>Win32 Release MinDependency configuration I got an unresolved external
>symbol:

>Linking...
>   Creating library ReleaseMinDependency/LDT.lib and object
>ReleaseMinDependency/LDT.exp
>dfordll.lib(DFORMAIN.OBJ) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>_MAIN__
>ReleaseMinDependency/LDT.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
>Error executing link.exe.

>Why a MAIN is required in Win32 - Release configuration and not in Win32
>Debug ?
>Any suggestion ?

>Pascal.

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:29:03 GMT

1. elj-win32 0.4 Release: The GNU Eiffel win32 Distribution

2. Where are include files for Win32 APIs

3. Microsoft Releases VS.NET at VSLive!, Vows to Replace WIN32

4. Microsoft Releases VS.NET at VSLive!, Vows to Replace WIN32

5. Resource Files Vs. Win32

6. elj-win32: A FREE/NO-RISK win32 SmallEiffel Distribution

7. Calling Win32 API functions with Gnat 3.09 (Win32 version)

8. C/C++ releases include Fortran release

9. Win32 extensions using the .NET SDK and the Win32 Platform SDK

10. Win32 Console app -> Win32 app: help wanted

11. Win32 Nimda.A@mm (dr) and Win32 Nimda.E@mm (dr)

12. Missing includes with 1.6 install on win32?