PROFILE : fatal error PRF1641: user-defined breakpoint found at 0x77FA018C
Author Message
 PROFILE : fatal error PRF1641: user-defined breakpoint found at 0x77FA018C

Hi,

I want to profile my program, and after setting all switches right I get the
error as in the subject.

Google says:

Profiler Error PRF1641
fatal error -- PROFILE -- user-defined breakpoint found at address
Line profiling only: No breakpoints may be set in the executable modules
being profiled. These are not breakpoints set by the de{*filter*} but rather
embedded INT 3 instructions. This error is only fatal if the INT 3
instruction is encountered during the execution of your program.

That's indeed correct: there are no user breakpoints defined. But it does
not help me out. I tried to profile my program on an other pc, but this did
not help either. (also a win2k server OS)

Does have anybode a bright idea.

Thanks,

Olav

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:35:49 GMT
 PROFILE : fatal error PRF1641: user-defined breakpoint found at 0x77FA018C

| Hi,
|

| I want to profile my program, and after setting all switches right I get the
| error as in the subject.
|
| Google says:
|
| Profiler Error PRF1641
| fatal error -- PROFILE -- user-defined breakpoint found at address
| Line profiling only: No breakpoints may be set in the executable modules
| being profiled. These are not breakpoints set by the de{*filter*} but rather
| embedded INT 3 instructions. This error is only fatal if the INT 3
| instruction is encountered during the execution of your program.
|
| That's indeed correct: there are no user breakpoints defined. But it does
| not help me out. I tried to profile my program on an other pc, but this did
| not help either. (also a win2k server OS)
|
| Does have anybode a bright idea.

I do but I doubt that will be of some help :-(. "User breakpoints"
are frequently left over system dlls and/or compiler run-time library
to indicate an illegal situation. Your code possibly crashes somewhere
(the fact that it doesn't crash under de{*filter*} doesn't mean it wouldn't
under profiler). 0x77FA018C suspiciously look like an address in system
dlls (probably kernel32.dll or ntdll.dll).

What happens if you use function profiling instead?
--
 Jugoslav
___________

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:40:23 GMT
 PROFILE : fatal error PRF1641: user-defined breakpoint found at 0x77FA018C

Quote:
> What happens if you use function profiling instead?
> --
>  Jugoslav

Hi,

Then it just works....

Olav

Quote:
> ___________
> www.geocities.com/jdujic

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:31:39 GMT
 PROFILE : fatal error PRF1641: user-defined breakpoint found at 0x77FA018C

| > What happens if you use function profiling instead?
| > --
| >  Jugoslav
|
| Hi,
|

| Then it just works....
|

| Olav

Yeah, I could bet it :-(. Looks like a heisenbug
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ )
Maybe there's something wrong with the profiler and maybe
there's still something wrong with your code. If I were you,
I'd be curious if the latter is the case (just few day ago
I discovered one in a similar manner -- the app crashed under
the profiler but not under de{*filter*}... after an exhausting
debugging I found an uninitialized variable somewhere).

How long is the code? "User breakpoints" are in my experience
encountered in the following cases (are you using CVF?):
- allocation/deallocation errors;
- internal writes to too small buffers;
- etc.
Under normal conditions, they cause an exception immediately
after, but apparently profiler stops before that happens.

The "user breakpoint" originates from some line of your
code; first I'd try inserting control writes using dissection
method to find out which one. (But note that, according to
Heisenberg's principle, that may cause the program to stop
exposing the behaviour ;-)). That will be bigger or smaller
effort depending on size of the code.
--
 Jugoslav
___________

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:58:22 GMT
 PROFILE : fatal error PRF1641: user-defined breakpoint found at 0x77FA018C

| > What happens if you use function profiling instead?
| > --
| >  Jugoslav
|
| Hi,
|

| Then it just works....
|

| Olav

FYI, under de{*filter*} the following causes
"user-defined breakpoint found at 0x77FA018C" (and exactly
*THAT* address):

allocate(A(n))
allocate(A(n))

However, I still don't know how that can occur under profiler
but not under de{*filter*}; but I've seen weird things happen.
--
 Jugoslav
___________

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:07:57 GMT

1. SoftICE user defined breakpoint routines

2. LINK : fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined

3. Fatal error LNK1190 invalid fixup found, type 0x0001

4. What is proper way to create user-defined error arrays

5. User defined TYPE error

6. Simple persistent object storage: seeking advice on storing user defined, runtime defined abstract datatypes into Oracle

7. Simple persistent object storage: seeking advice on storing user defined, runtime defined abstract datatypes into Oracle

8. fatal error: internal error

9. VC++ - CVF6.5 : fatal error LNK1169 one or more multiply defined symbols found?????????

10. Tkinter error in exiting the app: Fatal Python Error

11. I need to call some user init_proc before calling any Tcl or User Defined proc

12. Cannot find breakpoint