Calling DVF dll from Excel: Excel macro problem?
Author Message
 Calling DVF dll from Excel: Excel macro problem?

I wonder if anyone can help with an Excel problem here. I have Excel 97
SR2a and DVF6A and use NT4/SP3 on one machine and NT4/SP4 on another
machine. I can run my fortran routines by calling them with a VBA macro.
However, while doing this, I discovered that I cannot insert user-
defined VBA functions in Excel - not my Fortran functions and not even
the example in the VBA help (function Celsius).

When I try to insert the Celsius function, I get the message "this
function takes no arguments". I know that it _does_ take arguments. If I
click OK, I get the message "That name is not valid".

I know that user-defined functions work on other machines. I have
reinstalled Microsoft Office from scratch but nothing changed. What I
suspect is that I have a clash in some of the libraries installed on my
system. Something makes me wonder if it is Visual Studio or DVF 6.

Any ideas?
--
Mike Austin

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Calling DVF dll from Excel: Excel macro problem?

Quote:
>I wonder if anyone can help with an Excel problem here.

Problem solved - I had to put the function in a module, not a worksheet.
--
Mike Austin

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Problems calling Fortran DLL's from Excel VBA

2. Problems calling Fortran DLL from Excel VBA

3. after opening an excel doc with actve X, crashes when calling excel again

4. CLARION 4 and calling an excel macro through ole

5. Excel macro causes a crash when called from Labview

6. DVF Fortran program calling DVF DLL, I/O problem

7. Howto call a vi by activeX or DLL from Excel

8. I have problem with running excel macro in report generation tool kit

9. Calling Fortran 77 dll's from Visual Basic under Excel

10. calling g77 DLLs from Excel/VBA

11. Trouble w/ MS Excel VB calling MSPS4 DLL with string args

12. Calling fortran DLL from Excel, example?