Fortran Libraries for saving/restoring SVGA/VGA screen in protected mode
Author Message
 Fortran Libraries for saving/restoring SVGA/VGA screen in protected mode

We have an application which runs under  MS-DOS in protected mode (using
lot of extended memory). Are there any fortran libraries known  to anyone
which could help us for:

(1) Saving entire contents of the video buffer (512K or 1M] in extended
memory, and subsequently restoring it to the screen.

(2) Drawing graphics (boxes, circles, etc.) and filling them with  different
colors.

(3) Changing screen display mode (EGA, VGA, SVGA, etc.), writing text on the
screen, and reading data from the screen.

Sun, 25 May 1997 04:18:20 GMT
 Fortran Libraries for saving/restoring SVGA/VGA screen in protected mode

: We have an application which runs under  MS-DOS in protected mode (using
: lot of extended memory). Are there any Fortran libraries known  to anyone
: which could help us for:

: (1) Saving entire contents of the video buffer (512K or 1M] in extended
: memory, and subsequently restoring it to the screen.

: (2) Drawing graphics (boxes, circles, etc.) and filling them with different
: colors.

: (3) Changing screen display mode (EGA, VGA, SVGA, etc.), writing text on
: the screen, and reading data from the screen.

Regarding items 2 and 3, I think MicroSoft Fortran v5.1 can do
these.  I dont think it will help you with item 1, however.

Dan

Tue, 27 May 1997 23:44:16 GMT

1. Q: SVGA Mouse in DOS protected mode?

2. Save/Restore Screen in Fujitsu Cobol

3. How to restore full screen mode?

4. Protected mode and VGA

5. Protected mode and direct VGA programming

6. Protected Mode Vga

7. Screen Shots in Protected Mode

8. PmLib - protected mode library

9. Simple VGA(SVGA) controller on VHDL

10. VGA, SVGA and VESA

11. Setting video resolution by using the VGA/SVGA registers

12. VGA/SVGA Question