Compaq Visual Fortran Code Coverage Analysis
Author Message
 Compaq Visual Fortran Code Coverage Analysis

I have a code with a set of test problems, and I would like
to find out how much of the code is exercised by these test
problems.  The code refers to many .f  files.  How can I find
out how much of the code is covered on Window's Compaq Visual
fortran?
I've looked into the PREP, PROFILE, and PLIST parts of the
profiler batch processing help topic to get a general idea of how
this works.
If the code depends on many  .f  files, how can I test the line
coverage of each one individually with a single executable that will be
used to run the test problems?

Thank you much.

P.S. I'm not familiar with Fortran programming, so a step-by-step
       explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Mon, 09 Jan 2006 08:05:35 GMT
 Compaq Visual Fortran Code Coverage Analysis
It is possible to loop over multiple runs, merging the results from one
code run to the next.  Attached is a little csh script I had lying
around. If you know perl, I can pass along some far more complicated
scripts I wrote for my thesis a few years ago that will actually create
an HTML table with coverage results for different versions of the code,
broken up according by .f file, and calculated percentages.  If you are
interested, send me private email.  It will take me a little while to
dig them up.

#!/bin/csh

#  This script runs the DVF profiler for multiple test problems.
#  It must be run from the Debug directory

prep /om /lv base.exe
foreach file (`cat short.list`)
   echo " Profiling test case $file "
   cp d:/work/tests/short/${file} ./tracin
   profile base
   prep /m base
end
plist base > output

Chris

Quote:

> I have a code with a set of test problems, and I would like
> to find out how much of the code is exercised by these test
> problems.  The code refers to many .f  files.  How can I find
> out how much of the code is covered on Window's Compaq Visual
> Fortran?
> I've looked into the PREP, PROFILE, and PLIST parts of the
> profiler batch processing help topic to get a general idea of how
> this works.
> If the code depends on many  .f  files, how can I test the line
> coverage of each one individually with a single executable that will be
> used to run the test problems?

> Thank you much.

> P.S. I'm not familiar with Fortran programming, so a step-by-step
>        explanation would be greatly appreciated.

> --

Wed, 11 Jan 2006 01:21:38 GMT

1. Creating - Fortran 77 dll for use in Visual Basic 6.0 (not using Compaq Visual Fortran)

2. Building DLLs with Compaq Visual Fortran and Intel Visual Fortran

3. Mixing Compaq Visual Fortran 6 with Microsoft Visual C++ .NET

4. Question on using Compaq Visual FORTRAN with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0

5. Compaq Visual Fortran or Intel Fortran Compiler?

6. Compaq visual fortran and Watcom fortran

7. code coverage analysis

8. Request info about Code Coverage Analysis

9. Is there a test coverage analysis tool for tcl-code

10. Any tool for code coverage analysis on Python program

11. free Fortran Coverage Analysis Tool