VB program can find VF 5 DLL but not equivalent VF 6.1 DLL
Author Message
 VB program can find VF 5 DLL but not equivalent VF 6.1 DLL

Hopefully someone here has run into this problem & can pass along some
advice.

PROBLEM:  I have a fortran DLL created with a previous version of Visual
Fortran (probably 5).  I can easily call this DLL from a VB 5.0 program or
Excel spreadsheet.  I have rebuilt the DLL using VF 6.1.0 -- now I get a
Run-time Error 48, cannot find DLL.

I have checked the web site support & tried the suggested fix (Copy the DLL
files DFORRT.DLL, DFORMD.DLL and MSVCRT.DLL from the Windows System folder
to the folder containing VB5.exe) -- this did not work.

In the previous Fortran DLL, I used the MS!Attributes command to reset the
exported subroutine name.  In the most recent version, I tried this, the
Dec$Attributes to just export the subroutine name, and the Dec$Attributes to
export the subroutine name & set an Alias.

--
John Jechura
Sr. Engineer

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VB program can find VF 5 DLL but not equivalent VF 6.1 DLL
With help from Compaq support, got an answer to my own problem.  The error
message really means that there are other DLLs call by the VF DLL that
cannot be found and/or opened.  There seems to be some changes between the
previous version of VF & 6.1 as to the way the system routines are called.
I created a new project with VF 6.1 & copied the files into it.  When I
compiled from the new project, the VB program could find & open the DLL
properly.

Quote:
> Hopefully someone here has run into this problem & can pass along some
> advice.

> PROBLEM:  I have a Fortran DLL created with a previous version of Visual
> Fortran (probably 5).  I can easily call this DLL from a VB 5.0 program or
> Excel spreadsheet.  I have rebuilt the DLL using VF 6.1.0 -- now I get a
> Run-time Error 48, cannot find DLL.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Precision Pb VF 6.1

2. Compaq VF 6.1 link error

3. VF 6.1 - ABSOLUTE frustration!

4. VF DLLs

5. call VF dll in C++ builder

6. Using VF dll from VBA

7. Help on Net Express COBOL dll and calling the DLL from VB program

8. VB or VF to call imsl fortran routines

9. VF sample arrays.f90 program, help

10. FORTRAN created dll cannot be found by VB

11. call vb dll (will pop up vb form) form python

12. Clarion sample program for accessing Vb OCX/DLL