paper comparing Fortran 90, C++, Matlab syntax
Author Message
 paper comparing Fortran 90, C++, Matlab syntax

Ed Akin, author of the new book "Object Oriented Programming via
fortran 90/95", has a useful paper "F90 Language Tables" at his web
site, http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mech517/F90_Overview.html . The
paper compares the syntax of Fortran, C++, and Matlab and would be
useful to someone who is experienced in C++ or Matlab taking up
Fortran 90 (or vice versa).

The book chapters can be downloaded from
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mech517/books.html .

At his site http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mech517/ , one can download
F90 code for finite elements.

Mon, 22 Aug 2005 02:25:46 GMT
 paper comparing Fortran 90, C++, Matlab syntax

Quote:

> Ed Akin, author of the new book "Object Oriented Programming via
> Fortran 90/95", has a useful paper "F90 Language Tables" at his web
> site, http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~mech517/F90_Overview.html . The
> paper compares the syntax of Fortran, C++, and Matlab and would be
> useful to someone who is experienced in C++ or Matlab taking up
> Fortran 90 (or vice versa).

> The book chapters can be downloaded from
> http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~mech517/books.html .

> At his site http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~mech517/ , one can download
> F90 code for finite elements.

Very nice overview - I was surprised by the completeness of the
bit operations in Fortran (which I use seldom or never, though)
and the number of string functions (which I do use regularly).

Regards,

Arjen

Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:36:41 GMT

1. How does Ada compare to C++ and Fortran 90

2. Comparing Efficiency of Fortran-90 v/s Fortran-77

3. Dynamic memory allocation for FORTRAN 90 + MATLAB's MEX

4. double precision difference between matlab and fortran 90

5. Fortran 77 -> Fortran 90 (or C++)

6. Newbie (Sorry, how does Fortran 90 compare to C speed wise)

7. DEC Fortran 90 -> SGI Fortran 90

8. Looking for a Fortran 90 syntax checker

9. FORTRAN 90 Array section syntax

10. Compare Fortran (DVF) with Matlab

11. Compare Fortran (DVF) with Matlab

12. Fortran 90 introduction and papers