Compile MF COBOL using c-isam?
Author Message
 Compile MF COBOL using c-isam?

Quote:
>How do I compile a COBOL pgm using Micro Focus Workbench/2000 to update a
>c-isam file.  The documentation says the filetype is 1 and can only be used
>with the 16bit compiler or unix.

Here is the reply that I received from my "usually reliable sources",

I think the documentation must be wrong if it says that.  It should just
work, even without the need for the idxformat(1) directive - when it opens
the file, it works out the type from header information and updates
accordingly.

Mon, 16 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Compile MF COBOL using c-isam?

gt> How do I compile a COBOL pgm using Micro Focus Workbench/2000 to
gt> update a c-isam file.  The documentation says the filetype is 1 and
gt> can only be used with the 16bit compiler or unix.

Now - that's new to me. What is the exact version number of your compiler?
I use c-isam files with 3.x and 4.0.x without any problems.

If WB/2000 really no longer supports c-isam, you will have to convert your
file using rebuild (REBUILD infile,outfile /s:c-isam /t:mf).

Best regards

Mon, 16 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. MF Cobol - Moving from ISAM to Standard D.Bases

2. ISAM problem with MF COBOL/DOS on NT

3. MF COBOL accessing VBDOS ISAM Files

4. ISAM, old Microsoft ISAM, Alternate Index, Micro Focus Visual Object Cobol

5. COBOL/CISAM lock monitor

6. How to compile and link to C-DLL out of COBOL-DLL (MF)

7. MF COBOL - DB2/2 compile step hangs?

8. mf cobol and 64-bit compile question

9. MF-COBOL Compile problems under UNIX

10. MF Cobol - PANTUTOR - How to Compile/Link??

11. Does anyone know where can I get a free ODBC driver for MF ISAM files

12. Where can I get a free ODBC Driver for MF ISAM