eztrieve 2Questions;create an abend and "file not referenced error"
Author Message
 eztrieve 2Questions;create an abend and "file not referenced error"

hi,
I am trying to do some file processing using ezt+ on mvs and have a few
questions.

1) How can I create an abend with ezt+.

2) I am getting a "file not referenced" error.   I am using 3 files and 1
output file, and disabling auto input.  I get the error at "GET".

FILE PARMIN
CYCLE     1  2  A

WS-CYCLE   S  2  A

FILEIN1
RECIN1    1  34  A

FILEIN2
RECIN2     1 34  A

JOB INPUT NULL
  GET PARMIN
  WS-CYCLE = CYCLE

  ETC...............

thanks in advance
eric

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 eztrieve 2Questions;create an abend and "file not referenced error"

Quote:
> hi,
> I am trying to do some file processing using ezt+ on mvs and have a
few
> questions.

> 1) How can I create an abend with ezt+.

> 2) I am getting a "file not referenced" error.   I am using 3 files
and 1
> output file, and disabling auto input.  I get the error at "GET".

> FILE PARMIN
> CYCLE     1  2  A

> WS-CYCLE   S  2  A

> FILEIN1
> RECIN1    1  34  A

> FILEIN2
> RECIN2     1 34  A

> JOB INPUT NULL
>   GET PARMIN
>   WS-CYCLE = CYCLE

>   ETC...............

> thanks in advance
> eric

Hi Eric,

I'm missing your problem here. What was the exact error-message? I
cutted and pasted your piece of code into my host window and tried it.
First, a syntax error: how about the keyword FILE in front of your
FILEIN1 and FILEIN2 ;-)?
The DISPLAY of WS-CYCLE was OK, so I assume you either got your error
for another file which was not read at this moment, or you forgot to
code DD PARMIN in your JCL.

To your first question: AFAIK, there is no other 'builtin' abnormal end
in E+ than STOP EXECUTE which stops all activities of the program. But
you get nor an ABEND nor a CONDITION CODE. So, if you really want an
ABEND, you can:

- force a system abend like 0CA (zerodivide)
- CALL your own abend routine written in ASSEMBLER or COBOL
- CALL the COBOL abend routine ILBOABN0 using a WS-CODE W 2 B,
  indicating the user-abend-code

In either case, you should DISPLAY some lines of dignostic messages and
a blank line before you abend since the last line of your DISPLAY may be
lost in case of an abend.

If you CALL ILBOABN0 directly, you have to

- code PARM ENVIRONMENT(COBOL) in your program
- and include COBOL or LE runtime in your STEPLIB or LINKLIST

--

Daniel
visit us at http://www.winterthur.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 eztrieve 2Questions;create an abend and "file not referenced error"

Quote:
> > 1) How can I create an abend with ezt+.
> To your first question: AFAIK, there is no other 'builtin' abnormal end
> in E+ than STOP EXECUTE which stops all activities of the program. But
> you get nor an ABEND nor a CONDITION CODE. So, if you really want an
> ABEND, you can:

> - force a system abend like 0CA (zerodivide)
> - CALL your own abend routine written in ASSEMBLER or COBOL
> - CALL the COBOL abend routine ILBOABN0 using a WS-CODE W 2 B,
>   indicating the user-abend-code

We have a COBOL program which does a divide by zero.  We use JCL to run
or bypass this abort step depending on condition codes from the
EasyTrieve step(s).

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 eztrieve 2Questions;create an abend and "file not referenced error"

Quote:
> > > 1) How can I create an abend with ezt+.

> > To your first question: AFAIK, there is no other 'builtin' abnormal
end
> > in E+ than STOP EXECUTE which stops all activities of the program.
But
> > you get nor an ABEND nor a CONDITION CODE. So, if you really want an
> > ABEND, you can:

> > - force a system abend like 0CA (zerodivide)
> > - CALL your own abend routine written in ASSEMBLER or COBOL
> > - CALL the COBOL abend routine ILBOABN0 using a WS-CODE W 2 B,
> >   indicating the user-abend-code

> We have a COBOL program which does a divide by zero.  We use JCL to
run
> or bypass this abort step depending on condition codes from the
> EasyTrieve step(s).

Oh yes, I see:

RETURN-CODE = 16
STOP EXECUTE

And then, in the JCL:
// IF RC = THEN
//S2 EXEC ABENDPGM
//  ENDIF

That works for shure, but no abend-handling in the EASY-step can be
done: What about the files (DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE)) and the databases?
Every database must be roll-backed (IMS ROLB call, DB2 EXEC SQL
ROLLBACK, IDMS whatever). In these cases, an abend directly from the
EASY-program via a CALL could be a better (foolproofer) solution ;-)

--

Daniel
visit us at http://www.winterthur.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 eztrieve 2Questions;create an abend and "file not referenced error"

Quote:

> hi,
> I am trying to do some file processing using ezt+ on mvs and have a few
> questions.

> 1) How can I create an abend with ezt+.

> 2) I am getting a "file not referenced" error.   I am using 3 files and 1
> output file, and disabling auto input.  I get the error at "GET".

> FILE PARMIN
> CYCLE     1  2  A

> WS-CYCLE   S  2  A

> FILEIN1
> RECIN1    1  34  A

> FILEIN2
> RECIN2     1 34  A

> JOB INPUT NULL
>   GET PARMIN
>   WS-CYCLE = CYCLE

>   ETC...............

> thanks in advance
> eric

We abend our eztrieve programs by calling an assembler abend module from
within the eztrieve.  But as someone else mentioned, this also results
in loosing the last DISPLAY line, so we issue a "DISPLAY ' '" to force
the significant DISPLAY to not get lost.

The cause of your invalid file reference depends upon seeing the rest of
your procedure division.  It could be caused by reading one of your
input datasets after EOF has already been reached.  It can also be
caused by referencing data inside of a input record area that has not
yet had a record read into it.

Pete

Tue, 04 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Strange "file not open" error

2. "creates duplicate key" error

3. "entry point not found" error

4. Help "error 3 path not found"

5. "cw.red" not found error

6. HELP:Inconsistent "Variable not found" error

7. rexx error 43 "routine not found"

8. Error with "Not found: win32com.client"

9. "not enough core" error in Bprolog

10. ssl error "PRNG not seeded"

11. "not enough memory" error on load

12. Distutils "not a regular file -- skipping"?!?