Start of a windows-program out of a COBOL-program / file-encoding
Author Message
 Start of a windows-program out of a COBOL-program / file-encoding

Quote:
>x-no-archive: yes

>Hello,

>im looking for a possibility to start a windows-program out of a COBOL -
program. Is this
>possible?  My second question: I want to encode a sequential file because

of passwords in this file. Are there any possibilities in COBOL to do this??

Quote:

>Thank you!

>Greetings Manfred Richter

Yes, both are possible - but HOW you do each depends on what COBOL product
your are using.

--
+ +
+   Bill Klein -

Sun, 12 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Start of a windows-program out of a COBOL-program / file-encoding

Manfred,

Calling .EXEs from Fujitsu COBOL is very easy.  Please see the CBLEXEC
sample at:
http://www.adtools.com/support/samples.htm

You can get the "FREE" unrestricted Fujitsu COBOL Starter Set at:
www.adtools.com

Fujitsu Software Corporation
Developer Tools Group
Phone: (408) 428-0500
FAX:    (408) 428-0600

Web:   www.adtools.com

Quote:
>x-no-archive: yes

>Hello,

>im looking for a possibility to start a windows-program out of a COBOL -
program. Is this
>possible?  My second question: I want to encode a sequential file because

of passwords in this file. Are there any possibilities in COBOL to do this??
Quote:

>Thank you!

>Greetings Manfred Richter

Mon, 13 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Start of a windows-program out of a COBOL-program / file-encoding

If youre using AcuCobol try the c$system or c$run routine.
RTM

CarNeu

Thu, 07 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie ? - Starting Windows program/Sending text to window

2. Microfocus NetExpress COBOL Program and Distributed CICS on Windows NT File Access Security Problems

3. Calling a non-COBOL program from a COBOL program on OS/390

4. Start a VXRexx program from a VXRexx Program

5. Job Opportunity - Mainframe COBOL training program - Starts again on July 2th in Troy, MI

6. Starting Windows/DOS programs from VisualWorks

7. Starting MS Windows Programs from VW2.0

8. Starting OS/2 REXX program but not in Window list

9. Starting Windows via Rex Program ?

10. VXREXX start OS/2 programs without opening a window

11. Starting assembly programming under windows

12. Looking for a COBOL II file to file match program