COBOL programming program for PCs?
Author Message
 COBOL programming program for PCs?

Hi,

I am a Cobol programmer, programming on Vax machines.

What is the name of the latest COBOL programming software for IBM
compatible PCs?? I read about "MicroFocus" in the news group, is this for
PCs?

Can someone please enlighten me :)
Thanks.

Thu, 20 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 COBOL programming program for PCs?

What is the name of the latest COBOL programming software for IBM
compatible PCs?? I read about "MicroFocus" in the news group, is this for
PCs?

Can someone please enlighten me :)
Thanks.

Microfocus has a Cobol for PC's.  So does Acucobol.  I don't have much information on MF but
you can reach Acucobol at 1-800-COBOL85.

Thu, 20 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 COBOL programming program for PCs?

Quote:

>Hi,

>I am a Cobol programmer, programming on Vax machines.

>What is the name of the latest COBOL programming software for IBM
>compatible PCs?? I read about "MicroFocus" in the news group, is this for
>PCs?

>Can someone please enlighten me :)

there are many COBOL PC compilers (including Micro Focus) for the PC.

take a look at the COBOL FAQ (it gets posted here fairly frequently).

--
Crookie

Fri, 21 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 COBOL programming program for PCs?
On 4 Jun 1995 12:05:18 GMT,

Quote:

>What is the name of the latest COBOL programming software for IBM
>compatible PCs?? I read about "MicroFocus" in the news group, is this for
>PCs?

There are several commercial COBOL compilers for PC's.  Microfocus is one.
Others include Liant and CA-Realia.

Realia is the only one I know that does compact standalone executables
comparable to what you would get from the popular C and Pascal compilers.

--
...This msg brought to you by:

Mon, 24 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling a non-COBOL program from a COBOL program on OS/390

2. Help my PC-Cobol programs dosn't run on a Pentium

3. Want to do CICS/COBOL programming on PC

4. Call HLASM program from COBOL MVS program

5. Calling a COBOL program from a PL/1 program

6. rexx program calling cobol program

7. Call CSP program from COBOL program

8. Calling a COBOL program from a PL/1 program

9. Where can I find a program to clean up a cobol program so it aligns

10. Where can I find a program to clean up a cobol program so it aligns

11. Start of a windows-program out of a COBOL-program / file-encoding

12. Call HLASM program from COBOL MVS program