Fujitsu cobol V3
Author Message
 Fujitsu cobol V3

Hi,

I'm an aplication designer, who's interested in cobol aplicatons on
the www.

In my own time I'm trying to realize this whith Fujitsu 3. Fujitus 3,
because I first want to know if it's working and it is easy to use.

It does work, but, when I'm trying to run the program's, I'm getting a
dialog box, for environment settings!

How do I get rid of this dialog box (also appearing on normal
GUI-based progams).

I have to be certain that the programs, compiled with F3, are working
without the dialog box, before I can recommend cobol programming and
the use of Fujisu (verson 5?) for programming on the web.

regards,

CoMag.

Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Fujitsu cobol V3

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm an aplication designer, who's interested in cobol aplicatons on
> the www.

> In my own time I'm trying to realize this whith Fujitsu 3. Fujitus 3,
> because I first want to know if it's working and it is easy to use.

> It does work, but, when I'm trying to run the program's, I'm getting a
> dialog box, for environment settings!

> How do I get rid of this dialog box (also appearing on normal
> GUI-based progams).

> I have to be certain that the programs, compiled with F3, are working
> without the dialog box, before I can recommend cobol programming and
> the use of Fujisu (verson 5?) for programming on the web.

> regards,

> CoMag.

V5 uses a different way of handling the runtime so the window does not come

that window won't come up either.

Brad Prothero

Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Fujitsu cobol V3

writes:

Quote:

>How do I get rid of this dialog box (also appearing on normal
>GUI-based progams).

>I have to be certain that the programs, compiled with F3, are working
>without the dialog box, before I can recommend cobol programming and
>the use of Fujisu (verson 5?) for programming on the web.

to the COBOL85.CBR file under the
[program name] section.

Edit cobol85.cbr

The EnvSetWindow=UNUSE parameter turns off the displaying of
the Run-Time Environment Window.
The WinCloseMsg=ON parameter turns off the displaying of the
'Console Window Closed' message.

The runtime Environment window allows setting variables that are
needed by your program in order to run.  This is if you are referencing
files without having some form of internal name string area that has
the physical file name that would be found in Explorer.

Hope that this helps.

Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:28:17 GMT

1. Fujitsu COBOL v3.1

2. URGENT! Linking error in Fujitsu COBOL V3

3. entry point not defined error when linking in fujitsu cobol v3

4. Fujitsu COBOL v3 spacing

5. fujitsu cobol v3

6. Help with linking on Fujitsu Cobol V3

7. Changing Printers with Fujitsu COBOL V3

8. NLS and Fujitsu Cobol V3

9. fujitsu cobol v3.0

10. Using Fujitsu COBOL V3 on Sun Solaris together with a C main program

11. New user on Fujitsu COBOL V3 help me

12. Static/dynamic linking with Fujitsu COBOL V3.0