Heeeelp! Cobol, windows 95 and Novell
Author Message
 Heeeelp! Cobol, windows 95 and Novell

Quote:

> what a {*filter*} combination eh?

> I use (the ancient) IBM cobol I  and  multi user btrieve for the files.

> All this  under Novel Netware 3.12 and (unfortunately) the 2 workstations
>  have windows 95B as o/s.

> the problem: when the 2 users  try to run the same programme at the same time
>  they get a lovely "access denied" message (and this has nothing to do with
> btrieve, I have checked).

> The same programmes can be accessed with no problem from terminals
>  with dos as the main o/s.

> Any idea what's up? It's the {*filter*}y windows isinit?

> I would appreciate any help

Get the Novell Client 32 drivers from Novells website.  The Microsoft
Novell drivers "SEEM" designed to frustrate.

Go to your control panel, system settings.  Choose the Performance
tab, then the File System button. Next, click the troubleshooting tab.
 Make sure the checkbox next to "Disable new file sharing and locking
semantics".  Apply, and restart the workstations.

Once you do all this, things will behave much better.

Sat, 08 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. File Stability under Novell and Windows 95

2. Problem with Clipper and Windows 95 and Novell 4.1x

3. Printing to Novell queue with Windows 95

4. Summer '87 on Windows 95 / Novell v3.12

5. error 32 in Clipper 5.2 running under WIndows 95 with Novell Client

6. Windows 95 Novell 32 Client bugs

7. Queries re MicroFocus Personal COBOL for Windows 3.1/Windows 95

8. Windows 95 COBOL Compilers Pricing

9. Fujitsu COBOL on Windows 95 question

10. HELP! - Higher Education COBOL Compilers for Windows 95

11. Printing with MF Cobol and Windows 95

12. MF Personal COBOL - Printing using Windows 95