COBOL-68 to COBOL-85 conversion
Author Message
 COBOL-68 to COBOL-85 conversion

Interested in knowing about any conversion tools, documents,
experiences, pitfalls, etc. in converting  batch systems from COBOL-68
to COBOL-85 to run on VM/ESA V2.2. Please reply be email direct to

Sun, 06 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 COBOL-68 to COBOL-85 conversion

Quote:

>Interested in knowing about any conversion tools, documents,
>experiences, pitfalls, etc. in converting  batch systems from COBOL-68
>to COBOL-85 to run on VM/ESA V2.2. Please reply be email direct to

Your post doesn't rally tell what you are doing.  I assume that you are
going from either OS/VS COBOL or DOS/VS COBOL (with the LANGLVL(1) compiler
option) to COBOL for OS/390 and VM (with the NOCMPR2 compiler option).  If
that isn't what you are doing, please explain exactly what you are doing..

Assuming that is what you ARE doing, then you should start with the IBM
Migration Guide (which you probably will need in hard copy but) can be seen
online at

http://ppdbooks.pok.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/IGYMG20...
ENTS

(This should be all on one line - but my newsgroup processor puts in a line
break after the hyphen.)

It talks about many of the services, products, and tactics for such a
migration.  There are also a variety of other books (I wrote one that is
available from Micro Focus Publishing) that talk about the issues - but I
would still start with the IBM publication.

--
+ +
+   Bill Klein -

Sun, 06 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. R/M COBOL 85 to COBOL-WOW Conversion

2. Conversion from Tandem 85 to IBM cobol 370

3. cobol runtime error 46 for cobol 85

4. COBOL 74 v's COBOL 85 Usage

5. COBOL 74 vs COBOL 85

6. COBOL 74 vs COBOL 85

7. First Semester problrm: simple cobol rm cobol / 85 problem with subprograms

8. cobol 85 vs cobol II ???

9. COBOL 85 Vs COBOL II

10. OLD circa 68 COBOL compiler question...

11. WANTED: ANSI COBOL (74 - 85)

12. Seeking IBM compatible COBOL 85 and Xenix