SORTs ...
Author Message
 SORTs ...

Hi there,

I'm currently working part-time with a company dealing with (of  course)
da millenium shit using Oscar 2000. Oscar is smart, but it isn't so
smart as to convert SORTs.

My question:

Suppose I've go this record and want to sort using a field
999.Date(6)YMD.99 as a key, how can I do this. I mean how do I
temporarily expand the date from 6 to 8 digits determine the position in
a list and shrink it again to 6 digits...

-- Ronald

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SORTs ...

I'm not entirely sure what '999.Date(6)YMD.99' is suppose to represent, but,
if you want to do an expand on the date field so it'll sort correctly, one
way would be to define the field as PIC 9(08) in the SD, then, before your
RELEASE, expand the input date into the sort entry, and shrink it back after
your RETURN.

--
The Programmer Has Spoken -- SO THERE!

Quote:

>Hi there,

>I'm currently working part-time with a company dealing with (of  course)
>da millenium shit using Oscar 2000. Oscar is smart, but it isn't so
>smart as to convert SORTs.

>My question:

>Suppose I've go this record and want to sort using a field
>999.Date(6)YMD.99 as a key, how can I do this. I mean how do I
>temporarily expand the date from 6 to 8 digits determine the position in
>a list and shrink it again to 6 digits...

>-- Ronald

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SORTs ...

Quote:

> Hi there,

> I'm currently working part-time with a company dealing with (of  course)
> da millenium shit using Oscar 2000. Oscar is smart, but it isn't so
> smart as to convert SORTs.

> My question:

> Suppose I've go this record and want to sort using a field
> 999.Date(6)YMD.99 as a key, how can I do this. I mean how do I
> temporarily expand the date from 6 to 8 digits determine the position in
> a list and shrink it again to 6 digits...

Do Oscar know de syncsort?  If he Do, or even if he don't, Syncsort know
de window.

I hear, that DFSORT know the same window.

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SORTs ...

Quote:
>Hi there,

>I'm currently working part-time with a company dealing with (of  course)
>da millenium shit using Oscar 2000. Oscar is smart, but it isn't so
>smart as to convert SORTs.

>My question:

>Suppose I've go this record and want to sort using a field
>999.Date(6)YMD.99 as a key, how can I do this. I mean how do I
>temporarily expand the date from 6 to 8 digits determine the position in
>a list and shrink it again to 6 digits...

Is this an IBM mainframe shop using SyncSort?  If so then an internal SORT
can be overridden using a $ORTPARM card in the JCL step EXECuting the
program.

DD

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sort (List sorts...)

2. UNIX sort exponents (bc|sort)

3. Binary Sort/Merge Sort in awk

4. ANN: New release of S.C.A. Micro Templates (Browse Header Sort and Reverse Sort Template)

5. Sort of Sorts

6. All Sorts of Sorts

7. All Sorts of Sorts

8. All Sorts of Sorts

9. All Sorts of Sorts

10. Straight Insertion Sort and Binary Insertion Sort

11. Bubble sort/Selection sort help neded.

12. Sorting a file w/o SORT verb