MF Cobol under SCO Unix with Fileshare
Author Message
 MF Cobol under SCO Unix with Fileshare

We are trying to get a medium-sized application (up to 50 users) to
run under Fileshare on a SCO Unix platform.

When about 30 users log in we get errors and the whole system falls
over.

We pay MF maintenance and, in general, we find that their products
work.

We would be pleased to here from anyone out there who may have a
similar system, and who may have something to say on ths subject

regards,

Gordon Wallace

Wed, 21 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MF Cobol under SCO Unix with Fileshare

Quote:

>We are trying to get a medium-sized application (up to 50 users) to
>run under Fileshare on a SCO Unix platform.

>When about 30 users log in we get errors and the whole system falls
>over.

>We pay MF maintenance and, in general, we find that their products
>work.

>We would be pleased to here from anyone out there who may have a
>similar system, and who may have something to say on ths subject

You don't say what sort of errors, are they cobol error messages, SCO
messages or what ?

I had a problem with the Unix conecting to the 'net everytime it fired
up the MF CCI but I traced this to a Morningstar PPP filter file
needing the entry MFCOB PASS in it so that it did not have to identify
the service being used with the Domain name server. Apart from that
I've not experienced any other problems. Are all the users logging in
with the same login/password as this may cause additional problems.

Wed, 21 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. MF Cobol/2 V1.3 for SCO UNIX

2. MF Cobol / SCO Unix / Memory Deallocation

3. Mysterious File Lockings with MF COBOL under SCO UNIX V

4. MF Cobol - SCO Unix?

5. MF Fileshare Version 2 & SCO Internet Faststart

6. MF Fileshare V2 - Unix.

7. MF FileShare on Sinix/Unix

8. MF 4.1 for SCO unix and Wyse60 emulation

9. MF Execution Error in SCO Unix

10. Info/Advice needed on IBM Cobol 2 to MF Unix Cobol conversion

11. COBOL on SCO UNIX and serial port interfacing

12. printing COBOL screen in SCO UNIX OpenServer