Cobol Compiler: RM-Cobol for UNIX needed.
Author Message
 Cobol Compiler: RM-Cobol for UNIX needed.

--I have a friend who is teaching UNIX through a local charity's job
training program. He is using a AT&T 3B2/400 UNIX box, and needs a RM-Cobol
compiler for UNIX. He thinks the compiler is now public domain, and should
be available. Can anyone help?
 --- RJB

Wed, 23 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Cobol Compiler: RM-Cobol for UNIX needed.

Quote:

> --I have a friend who is teaching UNIX through a local charity's job
> training program. He is using a AT&T 3B2/400 UNIX box, and needs a RM-Cobol
> compiler for UNIX. He thinks the compiler is now public domain, and should
> be available. Can anyone help?
>  --- RJB

RM/COBOL is a commercial product and definitely *not* in the public domain.
Ask your friend to call a sales rep at 1-800-RMCOBOL (or 512 343-1010)
and they'll tell him about special pricing for educational institutions.

| -- a division of Liant Software | Compuserve: 74774,47  /  GO LIANT  |

Thu, 24 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Cobol Compiler: RM-Cobol for UNIX needed.

Quote:

> --I have a friend who is teaching UNIX through a local charity's job
> training program. He is using a AT&T 3B2/400 UNIX box, and needs a RM-Cobol
> compiler for UNIX. He thinks the compiler is now public domain, and should
> be available. Can anyone help?
>  --- RJB

Have your friend contact Micro Focus.  They have a grant program for
educational programs.  It may be that the place will need to be a formal
school to qualify.  It may be that Micro Focus will do something anyway.
You can find information about the grant program on
http://www.microfocus.com. Also contact Don Carr at

Micro Focus User Groups.

Good luck,
* Steve Burns    The Boeing Co.    I'm not sure if I subscribe  *
* PO Box 3707    Mail Stop 2L-14   to these opinions, I'm sure  *
* (206) 544-8264 Seattle, WA 98124    that Boeing doesn't.      *

Fri, 25 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Old RM-COBOL UNIX programmer seeking info on move to COBOL/400 on AS/400

2. Info/Advice needed on IBM Cobol 2 to MF Unix Cobol conversion

3. COBOL compiler for Unix needed

4. ///// RM-COBOL 85 // UNIX SVR4 /////

5. RM/Cobol-85 r5.10 for SCO Unix, spurious 93/02 errors

6. Run-time of RM/COBOL for SCO UNIX

7. Help me ....I'm searching the rm/cobol 85 for sco unix

8. How compatible are RM Cobol and MF Cobol.

9. compatibility beetwen microfocus cobol 2.0 and RM cobol with "linux 3.0

10. RM/COBOL & Cobol-WOW HOSTING

11. Cobol-CGI and RM Cobol

12. QUESTIONS/POSTS about AcuCOBOL, RM/COBOL, Mbp, or whichever COBOL