ISAM, old Microsoft ISAM, Alternate Index, Micro Focus Visual Object Cobol
Author Message
 ISAM, old Microsoft ISAM, Alternate Index, Micro Focus Visual Object Cobol

I have an old system, written in the old Microsoft COBOL and using the
old Microsoft ISAM.  The system rely heavilly on alternate indexes.

1) Does anybody know how to access those files from Micro Focus Visual
Object Cobol?  Micro Focus claims to support this format but the
documentation is poor and the only tech support is via 900 (sic) phone
number!

2) Does anybody know any other, more modern ISAM like system that may
give me the Alternate Index functionality (I do not want yet to
convert the system programs to SQL, but I am ready to move to SQL
based database if feasible) and may be accessed from Micro Focus
Visual Object Cobol (preferably, without source changes)?  I'd like to
know about as many alternatives as possible, please.

3) If such system exist, how do I convert the files?

4) How could I get full documentation for Micro Focus Visual Object
Cobol?

Thanks

Z Atlas

Sat, 25 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Micro Focus Cobol ISAM files - accessing data???

2. Help with C-ISAM & D-ISAM

3. MICRO FOCUS RELEASES VISUAL OBJECT COBOL FOR WIN95/NT

4. Visual Age cobol calling Micro Focus cobol

5. Old Micro Focus Cobol and C

6. Micro Focus cobol index file

7. ODBC drivers for Microfocus/Microsoft ISAM files ?

8. Micro Focus Visual COBOL beta

9. Conversion Visual Cobol to Merant Micro Focus Net Express 3.1

10. Visual Basic Calling Micro Focus COBOL DLL

11. Micro Focus Visual Cobol for AIX 4

12. How to use Visual Basic with ISAM file