Cobol Metrics
Author Message
 Cobol Metrics

Does anybody know any good tool to extract extended quality metrics
from old VS/Cobol  or Cobol-II source modules?
We already know product like Viasoft/SmartDoc, but we'd like to get a
wider view of the market, for tools in Host or (better) PC
environment.

TIA to everybody.
< Sergio Sardo - Migra s.r.l. - Italy >

Fri, 12 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Cobol Metrics

I have used MF product Revolve its OK...I am just finishing a project with
about 200 objects(copybooks,programs,jcl etc batch, some CICS) I ran the
metrics options for my final reports it seem to work alright

Quote:
> Does anybody know any good tool to extract extended quality metrics
> from old VS/Cobol  or Cobol-II source modules?
> We already know product like Viasoft/SmartDoc, but we'd like to get a
> wider view of the market, for tools in Host or (better) PC
> environment.

> TIA to everybody.
> < Sergio Sardo - Migra s.r.l. - Italy >

Fri, 12 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Cobol Metrics

Sergio,

I would suggest you contact your local Micro Focus office/distributor and
ask for details on Revolve 2000.  This tool provides detailed analysis of
COBOL source code and JCL etc.

Hope this helps.

Paddy Coleman
WinTel Client/Server Support
Micro Focus Europe

Quote:
> Does anybody know any good tool to extract extended quality metrics
> from old VS/Cobol  or Cobol-II source modules?
> We already know product like Viasoft/SmartDoc, but we'd like to get a
> wider view of the market, for tools in Host or (better) PC
> environment.

> TIA to everybody.
> < Sergio Sardo - Migra s.r.l. - Italy >

Sat, 13 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Object Oriented Vs Cobol Metric

2. Design your "Dream" Metric/Metric Tool

3. Q: Metrics for COBOL

4. COBOL COBOL COBOL

5. COBOL//COBOL//COBOL

6. COBOL COBOL COBOL