Micro-Focus record locking
Author Message
 Micro-Focus record locking

Hello all!

I have a question regarding Micro-Focus record locking.  Does anyone know
how it is actually implemented?

I am trying to access MF Cobol ISAM files that reside on a Unix server from
a PC, with full record locking capabilities from both sides (so that if a
Unix user locks a record, the PC user knows it and vice versa).

I've had very little luck with fileshare, so I'm attempting to access the
files by mapping my Unix data files to a PC drive letter (via Samba, if
anyone cares :-) ).  For you Samba users out there, I've tried turning on
"locking = yes (the default)" and "strict locking = yes" -- neither worked.

My fileshare problems may be due to the fact that the PC is running Cobol
Workbench V4.0.16 and the Unix machine is running Cobol for Unix V3.2.

Anyone got any ideas?

TIA

---------------
Eric H. Raskin                                 Voice: 914-769-7100 x321
The Listworks Corp.                          Fax:    914-769-8070

Pleasantville, NY 10570

Mon, 01 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Micro Focus 2.4.38 EXTFH and Micro Focus 3.1.35 compiler

2. COBOL record locks - find out who has the record lock

3. Variable record length with Micro Focus

4. Page Lock vs. Record Lock

5. Record Locking - Who has locked it

6. num lock, caps lock, scroll lock lights

7. MicroFocus file lock problem

8. IBM 370 ASM emulator from Micro Focus

9. Announce: Micro Focus WWW server

10. ODBC From Micro Focus

11. Micro-focus Coble

12. Micro Focus question