Display Statements Cause Program To End
Author Message
 Display Statements Cause Program To End

I have an application that is written in MF 4.0.32.  It was developed on a
NT 4.0 machine and later installed on a Windows 95 machine. The NT machine
has the MF Cobol installed on it where the Win95 does not.  I added some
DISPLAY statements to monitor some values and it works fine on the NT
machine (a DOS window pops us with the display information is in it).
However, on the Win95 machine, the program just disappears as soon as it
hits the DISPLAY.  I have to assume that there is something that is
running/installed on the NT machine that isn't on the 95 machine.  Compile
and linking are fine.

For what it's worth, I created a very simple program that has one paragraph,
a display statement and a stop run.  I'm getting back "Error 107".  The book
says "Operation not implemented in this run-time system".  Any ideas?  It
runs fine on the NT machine.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Doug

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Display Statements Cause Program To End

Quote:

>I have an application that is written in MF 4.0.32.  It was developed on a
>NT 4.0 machine and later installed on a Windows 95 machine. The NT machine
>has the MF Cobol installed on it where the Win95 does not.  I added some
>DISPLAY statements to monitor some values and it works fine on the NT
>machine (a DOS window pops us with the display information is in it).
>However, on the Win95 machine, the program just disappears as soon as it
>hits the DISPLAY.  I have to assume that there is something that is
>running/installed on the NT machine that isn't on the 95 machine.  Compile
>and linking are fine.

>For what it's worth, I created a very simple program that has one
paragraph,
>a display statement and a stop run.  I'm getting back "Error 107".  The
book
>says "Operation not implemented in this run-time system".  Any ideas?  It
>runs fine on the NT machine.
>Any ideas?

Doug, I suspect that you do not have MFSCREEN.DLL on the 95 machine. It is
required for screen and keyboard handling.

Incidentally, chapter 25 of the Object COBOL User Guide has details of the
files you need to ship with an application. If you have any additional
problems it may be worth referring to that.

I hope this helps.

>Thanks,
>Doug

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. OCX causes GPF on NT at program end

2. DISPLAY statement and screen displays

3. LocalJumpError caused by nesting plus END plus require

4. tk_getOpenFile causes never-ending diskseek

5. PRESSKEY statement causing Alt key to get stuck

6. GNAT for Amiga - DELAY statements cause upchuck

7. BLOCK DATA statement causes large object file?

8. DISPLAY - Why it caused GPF?

9. What causes INTERNDLGDATA to be displayed?

10. How to cause a server-generated error page to display

11. Tk_MeasureChars inconsistency causes text display problems