newbie--micro-focus personal compiler
Author Message
 newbie--micro-focus personal compiler

Quote:

> Hi group,
> I am a comp-sci student getting (suffering) my first class in cobol.  I am
> running micro-focus personal compiler (animator 2) on an ibm laptop.  The os
> is win2k pro.

> I have tried to use the "after advancing page" clause in my program, but the
> compiler returns and error of: "Unrecognized verb".  Can anyone explain why
> this doesn't work?

This is what I find in your program:

200-PROCESS.
    IF LINE-COUNT > 50
        MOVE 0 TO LINE-COUNT
        PERFORM 110-HEADINGS
            AFTER ADVANCING PAGE.

The "After advancing" clause is only valid for the "Write" verb.  It
is not valid for the the "Perform" verb.

Generally, you would use the "after advancing" clause on Write
statements for your report file.  The first line on a new page would
be generated by a "Write (record-name) after advancing page"
statement.  All other lines would be written after advancing 1, 2, or
3 lines, depending on the desired vertical spacing.

Your report lines defined in working-storage always have a final
80-byte filler field, but the FD for your output file specifies
80-byte records.  Your print lines are too long for the output record,
so they are being truncated.

Regards,

--
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 14:07:52 GMT

1. Micro Focus 2.4.38 EXTFH and Micro Focus 3.1.35 compiler

2. Micro Focus Personal Cobol Compiler

3. MIcro Focus Personal Cobol & SQL

4. Creating .EXE files using Micro Focus Personal COBOL

5. micro focus personal cobol

6. WTB: Micro Focus Personal COBOL (Educational Version)

7. Micro Focus Personal COBOL fow WINDOWS 98?

8. Micro Focus Personal Cobol

9. GUI with Micro Focus Personal Cobol (Animator Version 2)

10. Micro Focus Personal Cobol and Win98!!

11. Micro Focus Personal Cobol student needs help

12. Micro Focus - Personal Cobol