amortization routine
Author Message
 amortization routine

Anyone know where I can get a routine to amortize loan payments at a fixed
rate.  I will need to know principal and interest for each payment.  HELP!!

--

James E. Taylor

Thu, 11 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 amortization routine

Quote:
>Anyone know where I can get a routine to amortize loan payments at a fixed
>rate.  I will need to know principal and interest for each payment.  HELP!!

>--

>James E. Taylor

Check the big shareware web sites.  I think Quicken's web site has
this also.  Heck, I could swear a loan amortization program came with
some version of DOS!  None in 6.2.2, though.

Thu, 11 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 amortization routine

Quote:
>Anyone know where I can get a routine to amortize loan payments at a fixed
>rate.  I will need to know principal and interest for each payment.  HELP!!

<snip>

I've written this.  Now lets see if I remember how it works...

Start with the general equation for annuities (as used in USA):

PV * ( ( 1 + ( APR / Py ) ) ** PER ) + ( PMT * ( ( ( ( 1 + ( APR / Py
) ) ** PER ) - 1 ) / ( APR / Py ) ) ) + FV = 0

Where:
        PV is the present value; amount being borrowed
        APR is the annual interest rate
        Py is the number of payments per year
        PER is the total number of payments
        PMT is the periodic payment amount
        FV is the future value of the loan after PER periods

I leave the rest as an excercise.  If you need more info, it will have
to wait until later, I'm too tired now to program <g>.

Sun, 14 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mortgage Amortization code

2. Loan Amortization ?

3. Amortization Schedule

4. Amortization

5. Amortization Formulas

6. One routine-global variables, no globals lots of routines

7. Routine call in Routine

8. Double Word Rectangle Routine and Circle Routine

9. graphics routines, keyboard routines,e tc.

10. Utility to extract all routines under a routine?

11. Interfacing C routine with CVF routine called from VB

12. A J routine for astronomical precession.