reading input files and then output
Author Message
 reading input files and then output

How do I read from a file, store it into another file and then output that
stored file into a printable format?

Mon, 10 May 2004 03:35:57 GMT
 reading input files and then output

Quote:
> How do I read from a file, store it into another file and then output that
> stored file into a printable format?

I strongly recommend writing two programs.

Mon, 10 May 2004 03:49:16 GMT
 reading input files and then output

Quote:
> How do I read from a file, store it into another file and then output
that
> stored file into a printable format?

One or two COBOL programs might be the
trick.

Jeff..

Mon, 10 May 2004 04:04:02 GMT
 reading input files and then output
pick up the file
put it in a cabinet
then put the cabinet on a printer dumbass
Quote:

>How do I read from a file, store it into another file and then output that
>stored file into a printable format?

Mon, 10 May 2004 05:01:14 GMT
 reading input files and then output
I bid THREE programs.

Quote:
> How do I read from a file, store it into another file and then output that
> stored file into a printable format?

Mon, 10 May 2004 06:07:25 GMT
 reading input files and then output

Quote:
> How do I read from a file, store it into another file and then output that
> stored file into a printable format?

You don't.

You read from the file, output it in printable format, then store it in
another file.

(What *are* they teaching in programming class these days?)

MCM

Mon, 10 May 2004 07:31:47 GMT
 reading input files and then output
It might be a good thing if you were to do your own
homework. Most of us here can recognize a homework question
before we've finished reading the first sentence. And I'd
bet that the majority could come up with three different
ways to do what you ask inside of 1 program.

Quote:

--
Steve Thompson
OSP Consulting

Mon, 10 May 2004 08:01:23 GMT
 reading input files and then output
That's easy.  Define two output files.  One it the print file.
Prior to the write of the output file, edit a print line for the second file
(if needed.)
Write to output file, write to printer file.

Warren Simmons

Quote:
> How do I read from a file, store it into another file and then output that
> stored file into a printable format?

Mon, 10 May 2004 12:54:00 GMT
 reading input files and then output

Quote:

> How do I read from a file, store it into another file and then output that
> stored file into a printable format?

Before asking any question in CLC, please go to
http://objectz.com/faqs/cobolfaq.htm and learn how to formulate an
"answerable" one!

Mon, 10 May 2004 17:50:17 GMT
 reading input files and then output
your question is not very answerable, anyway
using only one program you can open a file in a section, elaborate it, (eg:
sort it), rewrite it, close it and in an
another section (of the same program) open the same file in input and use
data to prepare a report to print...

dd name in jcl have to be different but the phisical name of the dataset
doesn't.

anyway the best way to do it is to use separate steps!!!

greetings

Tue, 11 May 2004 00:46:23 GMT

1. Reading from input file writing to output file

2. newbie would like to break input file and output to separate files

3. sed: input file = output file

4. comparing an input file with an output file

5. Mutiple output files single Input file

6. Single file input ==> multi file output

7. with-input-from-file, with-output-to-file

8. with-input-from-file, with-output-to-file

9. Reading an array from file and outputting another file

10. TEMPORARY FILE during input and output??

11. open-{input,output}-file

12. Text file input/output