alt.cobol or comp.lang.cobol?
Author Message
 alt.cobol or comp.lang.cobol?

What subjects should be posted to alt.cobol and comp.lang.cobol? What is
the difference.

Bjorn Tronholm
Canary Islands
Spain

Mon, 25 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 alt.cobol or comp.lang.cobol?

I would also like to know.

Mon, 25 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 alt.cobol or comp.lang.cobol?

Quote:

> Newsgroups: alt.cobol,comp.lang.cobol
> What subjects should be posted to alt.cobol and comp.lang.cobol?
> What is the difference.

alt.cobol is dead, replaced by comp.lang.cobol on 3 Nov 1994.
If you stop posting to alt.cobol, it will go away.

Follow ups set to comp.lang.cobol, of course!

--
Richard Ross-Langley

Tue, 26 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 alt.cobol or comp.lang.cobol?

Quote:

>What subjects should be posted to alt.cobol and comp.lang.cobol? What is
>the difference.
>Bjorn Tronholm
>Canary Islands
>Spain

alt.cobol was supposedly replaced by comp.lang.cobol, but a lot of
people keep posting in alt.cobol anyway.

Especially the brain-dead morons who post the "get rich quick" scams.

Bob Wolfe, flexus

Check out The Flexus COBOL Page at:  http://www.flexus.com

Tue, 26 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 alt.cobol or comp.lang.cobol?

Quote:

> What subjects should be posted to alt.cobol and comp.lang.cobol? What is
> the difference.

> Bjorn Tronholm
> Canary Islands
> Spain

The difference is that while COBOL is _not_ dead, alt.cobol is.  Before there was
comp.lang.cobol, we used alt.cobol.  If there is someone out there that knows how to
remove an obsolete newsgroup, it would probably be nice if they would provide a nice
burial for alt.cobol.

Tue, 26 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. RFD: alt.lang.asm.68k, alt.lang.asm.x86, alt.lang

2. alt.lang.asm vs. comp.lang.asm.x86

3. Welcome to alt.lang.fortran (formerly alt.lang.pl1)

4. alt.lang.focal - more thoughts (was Re: alt.lang.focal)

5. alt.lang.ml->alt.lang.asm

6. CFV: comp.lang.cobol

7. RFD: comp.lang.cobol

8. comp.lang.cobol

9. New group suggestion - comp.lang.cobol.acoustic

10. CFV: comp.lang.cobol

11. RFD: comp.lang.cobol

12. Comp.lang.cobol failed