Sections vs. Paragraphs
Author Message
 Sections vs. Paragraphs

Gee.........what do all you "no go to" people do about an IF....CONTINUE.
 :-)

Mon, 17 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sections vs. Paragraphs

I'm not really one of those "no goto" people, although any NEW programs I
write contain no go to statements.  What case are you talking about
(specific example please) where the If... Continue.. is used in conjuction
with the GO TO, and I'll explain a different way to do it, sans the go to.

Quote:
> Gee.........what do all you "no go to" people do about an IF....CONTINUE.
>  :-)

Tue, 18 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sections vs. Paragraphs

Quote:

>Gee.........what do all you "no go to" people do about an IF....CONTINUE.
> :-)

It's contained within the paragraph and presents no problem to use.
The problem becomes when one start GO TO-ing from one non-continuious
paragraph to another all over the program and logic flow understanding
reaches the same rate as one needs to understand Assembler (or C).
That's how a lot of glitches gets introduced.

Just my 1.5 cents worth, adjusted for inflation
Boyce G. Williams, Jr.

 .---------------------------------------------------------------------.
 | "People should have two virtues:  purpose- the courage to envisage  |
 | and pursue valued goals uninhibited by the defeat of infantile      |
 | fantasies, by guilt and the failing fear punishment;  and wisdom- a |
 | detached concern with life itself, in the face of death itself."    |
 |                                                     Norman F. Dixon |
 '---------------------------------------------------------------------'

Fri, 21 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sections vs. Paragraphs

[ snip ]

Quote:

> > Gee.........what do all you "no go to" people do about an IF....CONTINUE.

If I understand the question, it is what to do with a construct
like

IF <condition>
THEN
        <nothing>
ELSE
        <stuff>
END-IF

if so...

IF NOT <condition>
THEN
        <stuff>
END-IF

Thu, 10 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. useless discussions (was: sections vs. paragraphs)

2. Sections vs. Paragraphs - Challenge - Results

3. Sections vs Paragraphs

4. Paragraphs vs Sections

5. Sections vs Paragraphs - a CICS programmers perspective.

6. Sections Vs. Paragraphs

7. Paragraphs vs. Sections - Performance under DEC COBOL/VMS

8. Second paragraph of section 6 of IEEE standard

9. Ending sections/paragraphs

10. (dis)advantages of sections /paragraphs in procedure division?

11. L S 5 $ W K M C Re: Paragraphs or Sections

12. sections and paragraphs ???