Cobol OS/390 to C OS/390 V2R6
Author Message
 Cobol OS/390 to C OS/390 V2R6

Hi,

just to let you know I have made some test and can confirm that IBM
drop the "#pragma linkage(xxxx,COBOL)" requirement with C OS/390 V2R6.

This mean you don't have to tell C who is the calling program and how
the parameters
list looks.

I'll expand my test-programs from time to time. Next step is C to Cobol
and
PL1 to Cobol. After that I 'll release my source/jcl on www.cbttape.org
File321

Roland

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cobol OS/390 to C OS/390 V2R6
well NO DUH.  That's why it called LE - Language Environment.
All programs COMPILED (not necessarily assembled) expect
to find the address of passed parms in R1 and return them in R1
and return any return-code in R15.  ALSO, for variable number of parms
the LAST item in the list has it's 0 bit (leftmost) set ON.  That way
all system SVC routines and system subs / compiled subs can
see the 'end of the list'

You can stop your 'testing'.  As long as your on OS/390, it'll work

Quote:

>Hi,

>just to let you know I have made some test and can confirm that IBM
>drop the "#pragma linkage(xxxx,COBOL)" requirement with C OS/390 V2R6.

>This mean you don't have to tell C who is the calling program and how
>the parameters
>list looks.

>I'll expand my test-programs from time to time. Next step is C to Cobol
>and
>PL1 to Cobol. After that I 'll release my source/jcl on www.cbttape.org
>File321

>Roland

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cobol OS/390 to C OS/390 V2R6
James King schrieb in Nachricht ...
Quote:
>well NO DUH.  That's why it called LE - Language Environment.
>All programs COMPILED (not necessarily assembled) expect
>to find the address of passed parms in R1 and return them in R1
>and return any return-code in R15.  ALSO, for variable number of parms
>the LAST item in the list has it's 0 bit (leftmost) set ON.  That way
>all system SVC routines and system subs / compiled subs can
>see the 'end of the list'

This is no true for ILC between Cobol and  C OS/390 V2R4.
C have a different calling convention.

Roland

Quote:

>You can stop your 'testing'.  As long as your on OS/390, it'll work

>>Hi,

>>just to let you know I have made some test and can confirm that IBM
>>drop the "#pragma linkage(xxxx,COBOL)" requirement with C OS/390 V2R6.

>>This mean you don't have to tell C who is the calling program and how
>>the parameters
>>list looks.

>>I'll expand my test-programs from time to time. Next step is C to Cobol
>>and
>>PL1 to Cobol. After that I 'll release my source/jcl on www.cbttape.org
>>File321

>>Roland

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. OS/390 release test periods Re: default variable initialization under os/390 v2r8

2. Cobol 390 2.2 and Cobol Z/Os 3.1

3. Calling a non-COBOL program from a COBOL program on OS/390

4. CobAnal for MVS, OS/390 and z/OS New version

5. IBM announces new release of z/OS (OS/390) compiler

6. Python for IBM OS/400 OS/390

7. In search of a PL/I - COBOL for OS/390 comparison

8. In search of a PL/I - COBOL for OS/390 comparison

9. In search of a PL/I - COBOL for OS/390 comparison

10. OS/390 COBOL copybook cross reference

11. COBOL, JCL and OS/390

12. COBOL, JCL AND OS/390