Asynchronous device communications
Author Message
 Asynchronous device communications

Hi all,

Does anyone know, or has an example program to manage communications with
asynchronous devices
with Microfocus Cobol 3.2.31 for DOS/Windows/OS2.

I'm working on communications with a DATAMAX DMX400 label printer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Tue, 18 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Asynchronous device communications

Quote:
>Does anyone know, or has an example program to manage communications with
>asynchronous devices
>with Microfocus Cobol 3.2.31 for DOS/Windows/OS2.

>I'm working on communications with a DATAMAX DMX400 label printer.

Are saying you have a SPECIAL printer connected to your serial port.

In DOS you can use the MODE command you assign a COM port to LPT1 or
LPT2.    OS/2....don't know.

JR

Fri, 21 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading asynchronous data from a serial device

2. Asynchronous Serial Communications

3. Asynchronous Communication Events

4. Asynchronous communication

5. Asynchronous communication between protected types

6. Asynchronous Communications (RS232) under Unix

7. Asynchronous Inter Process Communication in a Prolog debugger

8. ILPS 91 Post Conference Workshop on Semantics of Asynchronous Communication

9. Corrections, Semantics of Asynchronous Communication, ILPS 91

10. Workshop on Semantics of Asynchronous Communication

11. problems with communication with a device

12. RXCOMM.DLL for windows, provides access to serial communications devices