FUJITSU V3 USER DEFINED FUNCTIONS 
Author Message
 FUJITSU V3 USER DEFINED FUNCTIONS

Hi there,
Does any body know how to set the defined functions to work with fujitsu
version 3? or if it has ever worked?

francisco Zelaya



Wed, 03 Sep 2003 03:15:00 GMT  
 FUJITSU V3 USER DEFINED FUNCTIONS
It's been a long time, but I am positive that I have used "intrinsic
Functions" (if that is what you mean) with Fujitsu V3.  What makes you think
they do not?

You aren't (by any chance) using a MOVE statement where the rules require
COMPUTE?

For example:

   Compute Num-Field = Function Random   *> this is legal
   Move Function Random to Num-Field          *> this is NOT legal

If you means something other than "intrinsic functions" when you say
"defined functions" - please show us an example.  If you do mean intrinsic
functions, let us know what makes you think they don't work.

--
Bill Klein
 wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com

Quote:
> Hi there,
> Does any body know how to set the defined functions to work with fujitsu
> version 3? or if it has ever worked?

> francisco Zelaya



Wed, 03 Sep 2003 06:05:59 GMT  
 FUJITSU V3 USER DEFINED FUNCTIONS
What I mean is how to obtain the value of function keys like PAGE DOWN OR ESC to
be able to recognize when pressed down and to recognize if it's user defined of
system defined.
Quote:

> It's been a long time, but I am positive that I have used "intrinsic
> Functions" (if that is what you mean) with Fujitsu V3.  What makes you think
> they do not?

> You aren't (by any chance) using a MOVE statement where the rules require
> COMPUTE?

> For example:

>    Compute Num-Field = Function Random   *> this is legal
>    Move Function Random to Num-Field          *> this is NOT legal

> If you means something other than "intrinsic functions" when you say
> "defined functions" - please show us an example.  If you do mean intrinsic
> functions, let us know what makes you think they don't work.

> --
> Bill Klein
>  wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com


> > Hi there,
> > Does any body know how to set the defined functions to work with fujitsu
> > version 3? or if it has ever worked?

> > francisco Zelaya



Wed, 03 Sep 2003 07:14:19 GMT  
 FUJITSU V3 USER DEFINED FUNCTIONS
I don't have it with me, but Thane Hubble's "Teach Yourself COBOL in 24
Hours" includes instructions on how to use some of the function keys
(f1-f12).  I expect you could extrapolate from that using the Fujitsu
manuals.

Floyd Johnson

: Hi there,
: Does any body know how to set the defined functions to work with fujitsu
: version 3? or if it has ever worked?

: francisco Zelaya

--
--
+-----------------------------------------------------------+
|                      Floyd H. Johnson                     |
+-----------------------------+-----------------------------+    
| Voice  : (716) 594 - 0942   | 87 Parkway Drive            |

+-----------------------------+-----------------------------+
|                 http://bounce.to/Roberts                  |
+-----------------------------------------------------------+
| If you think you understand Him,                          |
|               then you really do not know HIM !!          |
+-----------------------------------------------------------+



Wed, 03 Sep 2003 11:08:34 GMT  
 FUJITSU V3 USER DEFINED FUNCTIONS
I am able to catch the 12 but can't go beyond them. I checked out the example
from merant but it worked find with V4 and up but not with v3 since they used
a definition file not used in V3.
Quote:

> I don't have it with me, but Thane Hubble's "Teach Yourself COBOL in 24
> Hours" includes instructions on how to use some of the function keys
> (f1-f12).  I expect you could extrapolate from that using the Fujitsu
> manuals.

> Floyd Johnson


> : Hi there,
> : Does any body know how to set the defined functions to work with fujitsu
> : version 3? or if it has ever worked?

> : francisco Zelaya

> --
> --
> +-----------------------------------------------------------+
> |                      Floyd H. Johnson                     |
> +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+
> | Voice  : (716) 594 - 0942   | 87 Parkway Drive            |

> +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+
> |                 http://bounce.to/Roberts                  |
> +-----------------------------------------------------------+
> | If you think you understand Him,                          |
> |               then you really do not know HIM !!          |
> +-----------------------------------------------------------+



Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:36:30 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. entry point not defined error when linking in fujitsu cobol v3

2. New user on Fujitsu COBOL V3 help me

3. Help with user defined function

4. user-defined functions

5. ??? User defined functions in NAWK ???

6. user-defined functions

7. nawk user-defined functions

8. User defined function help

9. User Defined Functions

10. How to pass stems to a user-defined function

11. How to pass stems to a user-defined function

12. user defined Functions

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software