Mainframe output to HTML or for viewing on Internet, How??
Author Message
 Mainframe output to HTML or for viewing on Internet, How??

On Thu, 28 Nov 1996 13:54:20 -0500, Peter Cumming

Quote:

>We have tons of mainframe reports that we would like somehow and easily
>view with a browser on our internal intranet we are setting up. What is
>best and easiest way of doing this??

>Thanks,
>Peter

>Note: If not too much trouble an email reply is appreciated...

One way you can do this is transfer your ouput files to something like
MS Word 7.0 (Win95).  Then use Word to convert to HTML document.
With the right kind of file transfer software (ebcidic to ascii) you
should be able to do this fairly easily.  You can get the HTML feature
for Word at www.microsoft.com for free.  There is also other products
that will convert text to html (Hotdog?).

Hope this helps.

Tue, 18 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Mainframe output to HTML or for viewing on Internet, How??

Quote:

> We have tons of mainframe reports that we would like somehow and easily
> view with a browser on our internal intranet we are setting up. What is
> best and easiest way of doing this??

> Thanks,
> Peter

> Note: If not too much trouble an email reply is appreciated...

Peter,

The simplest method I know of for making your reports available via a
Web browser involves wrapping the following HTML code around your
report:

<title>
Text you want to appear on the caption bar of your browser.
</title>
<pre>

      Your report goes here.

</pre>

The <pre></pre> HTML keywords tells your browser that the text between
them is pre-formatted. This prevents the browser fron changing the
layout of the report (suppressing leading spaces, wrapping lines that
exceed the current width of the browser's display area, etc.).

Regards,

Ron Voyles

Thu, 20 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mainframe output to HTML or for viewing on Internet, How??

2. Access to mainframe via internet

3. IBM mainframe COBOL - how to close an output file and reopen it with a different DSN

4. Mainframe Express - Redirecting TSO output

5. Viewing HTML websites in editField!

6. Viewing HTML file

7. HTML View

8. Viewing HTML

9. Viewing the HTML documents

10. file.wrl#view in Internet Explorer doesn′t work

11. HTML link to view point.

12. Folio Views to HTML