Micro Focus User-Written File Handler Problems
Author Message
 Micro Focus User-Written File Handler Problems

To anyone that can help,

I have written a callable file handler for use with Micro Focus Workbench
and Netexpress.

The problem I am having is getting it to work correctly when compiled to a
.DLL.  When I animate through the code (source calling the file handler and
the file handler itself) it works fine.  I am using a CBL_ERROR_PROC call in
the file handler, but do have the priority flag set to 200.  The error that
I receive is "200 - Internal Logic Error".

I am currently testing with Cobol Workbench 4.0.26, using "cob.exe
filehand.cbl -x:csd" command-line to create a .DLL that utilizes the MF
Dynamic Run-Time System environment.

Does anyone have any ideas?

this message board very often...

Thanks - Todd

Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

check
.....this message board very often...

.....Thanks - Todd

MF has a problem with being able to handle duplicate entry points within a
module and a dll being called by that module...Is the normal MF file handler
loaded also?

I discovered the problem when trying to call a DLL from a program when both
modules had a duplicate entry point...for ex the root called a calc routine
and the dll calls the same calc routine...I received internal logic
error...The runtime doesn't know what do do in this case...

kenmullins

Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Micro Focus User-Written File Handler Problems
Have you looked at using the CALLFH directive? It has been a while, but my
memory is that this is used to determine WHAT file-handler is called?

--
Bill Klein
    wmklein <at> ix dot netcom dot com

Quote:
> To anyone that can help,

> I have written a callable file handler for use with Micro Focus Workbench
> and Netexpress.

> The problem I am having is getting it to work correctly when compiled to a
> .DLL.  When I animate through the code (source calling the file handler
and
> the file handler itself) it works fine.  I am using a CBL_ERROR_PROC call
in
> the file handler, but do have the priority flag set to 200.  The error
that
> I receive is "200 - Internal Logic Error".

> I am currently testing with Cobol Workbench 4.0.26, using "cob.exe
> filehand.cbl -x:csd" command-line to create a .DLL that utilizes the MF
> Dynamic Run-Time System environment.

> Does anyone have any ideas?

> this message board very often...

> Thanks - Todd

Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Micro Focus User-Written File Handler Problems
Ken,

Thanks for the response - I figured it out.  Just for your knowledge, when
using a calling-convention of 74 (win32api) you must use an "exit program
returning" statement instead of a "goback" in any subroutines that are
called.  This is the only thing that I changed in my program, and it fixed
the problem.  Weird, huh?

Thanks again for taking the time.

TL

Quote:
>MF has a problem with being able to handle duplicate entry points within a
>module and a dll being called by that module...Is the normal MF file
handler
>loaded also?

>I discovered the problem when trying to call a DLL from a program when both
>modules had a duplicate entry point...for ex the root called a calc routine
>and the dll calls the same calc routine...I received internal logic
>error...The runtime doesn't know what do do in this case...

>kenmullins

Sun, 17 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Micro Focus 2.4.38 EXTFH and Micro Focus 3.1.35 compiler

2. Micro Focus User Conferences Again?

3. Micro Focus Users group meeting, Seattle, October 17

4. novell user-name (micro focus)

5. Micro Focus User Conference Information

6. Chicago area Midwest Area Micro Focus Users Group

7. Midwest Area Micro Focus Users Group

8. User-defined functions in micro-focus cobol 3.4?

9. Micro Focus user groups, periodic post

10. Micro Focus Writes out spaces

11. Micro Focus Cobol Writes Spaces

12. Midwest Area Micro Focus User Group meeting (Chicago)