TCP/IP client app with MF COBOL?
Author Message
 TCP/IP client app with MF COBOL?

Hi all,

Platform:
MF Cobol 4.0 Development Suite for UNIX.

I need to write a client application that will request data from
a server application (non MF COBOL) using TCP/IP.  From
what I read in the CCI part of the Toolbox Manual, CCI is only
for MF Cobol to MF Cobol (MF CCI to MF CCI) communications.

Is this true? -or- Can I use CCI to do this?

Are the tools included for a standard TCP/IP client?

What tools do I need?

Can someone point me in the right direction, PLEASE?

MF Cobol support hasn't helped, so far.

Thanks
Bob Findley
 The new rules of the devlopment process:
 Alpha Testing:   A Clean Compile.
 Beta Testing:    Put it in Production.

Tue, 09 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. MF CObol and TCP/IP DLL?

2. MF COBOL & TCP/IP

3. MF COBOL to TCP/IP

4. C5 - TCP/IP Client/Server and DirectX Questions

5. TCP/IP server & client in CW2xxxx

6. Interest in TCP/Ip Server & Client

7. Client - Server slow tcp/ip...

8. TCP/IP sockets code in REXX script (long) - client.CMD (1/1)

9. TCP/IP sockets code in REXX script (long) - client.CMD (0/1)

10. CLIENT (Windows 3.1 or 95 or NT) to MVS-CICS via TCP/IP or other gateway

11. Calling TCP/IP from MF

12. Need help with TCP/IP client access from Windows