HELP ON ROUNDED/TRUNCATION
Author Message
 HELP ON ROUNDED/TRUNCATION

I may be wrong, but I think only if shorter.

Quote:
>Except on 01 level ...

>> Syntax error.  Redefined fields must be the same size.

>> >define
>> >01  VAR-C Pic 9V(2)
>> >01  VAR-D redefines VAR-C Pic 9V9(4).

>> >COMPUTE ROUNDED VAR-C =
>> >        VAR-A * VAR-B

>> >DISPLAY VAR-D.

>--
>Dut: Vandaag is de eerste dag van de rest van je leven!
>Eng: Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
>Options to reach me:
>* Phone +31 343 563333
>* Write to H. M. Klink / PO Box 14 / 3940 AA Doorn / The Netherlands

>* via ICQ, number 16795376:
>  - Go http://www.*-*-*.com/

>  (Download ICQ at http://www.*-*-*.com/ )

Sun, 09 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP ON ROUNDED/TRUNCATION
ll x redefines y ...

When the level-number (ll) of X is other than 01, it must specify fewer or the
same number of character positions that the data item referenced by Y contains.

When the level-number (ll) of X is equal to 01, this restriction does not exist.

[partially quoted from Micro Focus on-line help (not one of their extensions)]

The Frog

Quote:

> I may be wrong, but I think only if shorter.

> >Except on 01 level ...

> >> Syntax error.  Redefined fields must be the same size.

--
Dut: Vandaag is de eerste dag van de rest van je leven!
Eng: Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
Options to reach me:
* Phone +31 343 563333
* Write to H. M. Klink / PO Box 14 / 3940 AA Doorn / The Netherlands

* via ICQ, number 16795376:
  - Go http://wwp.mirabilis.com/16795376

  (Download ICQ at http://www.icq.com/)

Thu, 13 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT