CICS Macro->Command
Author Message
 CICS Macro->Command

I will very soon start work with converting several old legacy
applications written in VS-COBOL with CICS Macro to use
CICS Command Level.
(Yes!! There are still some sites with clients running such
 obsolete software..)

Is there anybody that has any experience with this and perhaps
knows where to obtain any tools/parsers to ease such a project??
(We are planning to code a sort of AI-tool that will scan
 the source and convert the CICS macro stmts to CICS Command..)

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!!

Tue, 21 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 CICS Macro->Command
Read our experience on Macro to Command level conversions in IEEE
Software, jan 1995. We use an offshore re-engineering approach rather
than trust on tools...And had very good results with it.

Guido Dedene

Tue, 21 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. CICS MACRO LEVEL to COMMAND LEVEL

2. KC>Mainframe>COBOL, CICS, DB2, IMS>Excellent $$$

3. description/explanation of CICS macros

4. Macro-level CICS Registers?

5. BAL/BALR vs BAS/BASR in CICS macros

6. CICS MACRO LEVEL IN ASSEMBLER

7. CICS/PL1 Macro- to Cmd-lvl Conversion Consultants?

8. description/explanation of CICS macros

9. CICS/VSAM (Macro Level) for USA-NC

10. US-NE-CICS(MACRO)/ASSEMBLER P/A-CONT OR PERM

11. JOB - HOLLAND: A/P COBOL I, MACRO CICS

12. A macro involving two sub-macros - where the 2nd macro needs results from the first