IBM Mainframe to IBM Unix Cobol conversion?
Author Message
 IBM Mainframe to IBM Unix Cobol conversion?

Hi all, I asked this question earlier and didn't really give enough info. on
source and target machines/OS's

I want to know if it's easy to do a Cobol conversion between these two
environments and what would be involved, what tools/services are available,
etc.  Ideally the source code would be taken from the Mainframe, recompiled
on the Unix box and then everything would work perfectly (!)  I doubt if its
that simple.

On the mainframe :

The Cobol version is IBM VS Cobol II Release 4.0

The operating system version is MVS/ESA Version 5 Release 2.2

The version of UNIX on the IBM box is Version M-11/16/88f

Cobol to be used, based on your advice.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks in anticipation!

Sun, 07 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 IBM Mainframe to IBM Unix Cobol conversion?
Hi,
we got the right tool for you. Its called ICS-CASE and its a development
tool for portable COBOL code. It also contains modules for migration and
conversion for nearly EVERY (!) platform.

Hope to hear from you,

Calle

Mon, 08 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 IBM Mainframe to IBM Unix Cobol conversion?

Quote:

> Hi all, I asked this question earlier and didn't really give enough info. on
> source and target machines/OS's

> I want to know if it's easy to do a Cobol conversion between these two
> environments and what would be involved, what tools/services are available,
> etc.  Ideally the source code would be taken from the Mainframe, recompiled
> on the Unix box and then everything would work perfectly (!)  I doubt if its
> that simple.

You can use our tool called IBM2FSC.
It would convert IBM COBOL dialects
OSVS, VSII and likely SAA to Fujitsu Cobol.
Please check it out at http://www.siber.com/sct/convs/

If you want to play with conversions
and create your own converter, based
on a set of transformations that we sell,
then you can use CobolTransformer
which is a general toolkit for building
Cobol converters and analyzers.
http://www.siber.com/sct/

Best regards,
Vadim Maslov

Tue, 09 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. tandem COBOL to IBM Mainframe MVS COBOL Conversion

2. IBM Mainframe <-> Unix Conversions

3. Info/Advice needed on IBM Cobol 2 to MF Unix Cobol conversion

4. IBM Mainframe Cobol to Unix

5. ISE/IBM Announcement for ISE Eiffel on IBM Mainframe

6. What's new *and* interesting for IBM mainframe COBOL programmers - in the next COBOL Standard

7. IBM Mainframe COBOL vs. AS/400 COBOL

8. File conversion from IBM Mainframe to Windows NT platform!!!Help Me

9. Re(2): File conversion from IBM Mainframe to Windows NT platform!!!Help

10. IBM mainframe to PC conversion problem ?

11. Looking for Case histories: Sharing IBM Mainframe VSAM from UNIX

12. IBM Mainframe - COBOL,IMS/DB/DC,CICS,DB2 immediate openings