(OT) This just gets funnier and funnier
Author Message
 (OT) This just gets funnier and funnier

For your amu{*filter*}t (from IBM-MAIN)

--
Bill Klein
 wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com

Quote:
>         Anti-UNIX web site funded by Microsoft and Unisys found to be
> running on FreeBSD then changes to Windows 2000, promptly goes down.  I
> couldn't write fiction this funny.

> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,4125,NAV47_STO69778,00.html

>         Meanwhile, our 9672 is humming merrily along . . .

> Jon

> Search the archives at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 05:05:59 GMT
 (OT) This just gets funnier and funnier

Quote:
>For your amu{*filter*}t (from IBM-MAIN)

>--
>Bill Klein
> wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com

>>         Anti-UNIX web site funded by Microsoft and Unisys found to be
>> running on FreeBSD then changes to Windows 2000, promptly goes down.  I
>> couldn't write fiction this funny.

>> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,4125,NAV47_STO69778,00.html

Well, I recall hearing a few years back that MSNBC's servers ran Unix...
but still in all that's a lovely suit of clothes, O Emperor!

DD

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:24:15 GMT
 (OT) This just gets funnier and funnier

Quote:

> >For your amu{*filter*}t (from IBM-MAIN)

> >--
> >Bill Klein
> > wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com

> >>         Anti-UNIX web site funded by Microsoft and Unisys found to be
> >> running on FreeBSD then changes to Windows 2000, promptly goes down.  I
> >> couldn't write fiction this funny.

> >> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,4125,NAV47_STO69778,00.html

> Well, I recall hearing a few years back that MSNBC's servers ran Unix...
> but still in all that's a lovely suit of clothes, O Emperor!

There was a story regarding a large company which decided to can their
AS/400's and replace them with servers running NT. It was a disaster
which couldn't be remedied, so the company tossed the servers and
migrated back to AS/400. The company was Microsoft.

I thought I kept a copy of the post, but I can't find it now.

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:04:57 GMT

1. module path:funny bug, funny solution

2. OT: Joke - actually not funny

3. OT: Joke - funny as hell

4. Something funny [OT]

5. OT a funny thing happend at work