Using Learn Cobol 24 Hours by Thane Hubbell
Author Message
 Using Learn Cobol 24 Hours by Thane Hubbell

Quote:

> I am new to Cobol and struck a problem in Chapter 17 of this book,the only
> one to date.  Both Chapt 17a and d have the same error code as follows :
> JMP0613-U SORT MERGE LIBARY CANNOT BE LOADED .
> FB3BESORT,DLL  CODE = 1157 = CHAPT17A  ADR=00401233.

> If any one has any idea please let me know
> Regards John

Thane,

Take off your marketing hat and put on your teacher's hat <G>

Jimmy, Calgary AB

Tue, 12 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

writes:

Quote:

>I am new to Cobol and struck a problem in Chapter 17 of this book,the only
>one to date.  Both Chapt 17a and d have the same error code as follows :
>JMP0613-U SORT MERGE LIBARY CANNOT BE LOADED .
>FB3BESORT,DLL  CODE = 1157 = CHAPT17A  ADR=00401233.

My first thought is that the PowerBSORT and PowerBSORT OCX components
were not loaded/installed from the CD.  Or the location of the BSort utilities
does not exist on the search path.

Tue, 12 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Learn Cobol 24 Hours by Thane Hubbell
I am new to Cobol and struck a problem in Chapter 17 of this book,the only
one to date.  Both Chapt 17a and d have the same error code as follows :
JMP0613-U SORT MERGE LIBARY CANNOT BE LOADED .
FB3BESORT,DLL  CODE = 1157 = CHAPT17A  ADR=00401233.

If any one has any idea please let me know
Regards John

Wed, 13 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Learn Cobol 24 Hours by Thane Hubbell

Quote:
>I am new to Cobol and struck a problem in Chapter 17 of this book,the only
>one to date.  Both Chapt 17a and d have the same error code as follows :
>JMP0613-U SORT MERGE LIBARY CANNOT BE LOADED .
>FB3BESORT,DLL  CODE = 1157 = CHAPT17A  ADR=00401233.

We are talking in e-mal now about this problem - but no solution yet.
Anyone have any ideas?  This might be just a v4 over v3 install
problem.  He is now using v4.

Wed, 13 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Learn Cobol 24 Hours by Thane Hubbell

Quote:
>I am new to Cobol and struck a problem in Chapter 17 of this book,the only
>one to date.  Both Chapt 17a and d have the same error code as follows :
>JMP0613-U SORT MERGE LIBARY CANNOT BE LOADED .
>FB3BESORT,DLL  CODE = 1157 = CHAPT17A  ADR=00401233.

Problem Solved!

It was a version over version install problem that had it confused.

Solution: Uninstall all Fujitsu products from the Add/Remove programs.
DELETE the \FSC directory and all subdirectories.
Run REGEDIT and search for Fujitsu removing all entries.
Re-install v4.  Everything works!

Wed, 13 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Learn Cobol 24 Hours by Thane Hubbell

Quote:

> >I am new to Cobol and struck a problem in Chapter 17 of this book,the only
> >one to date.  Both Chapt 17a and d have the same error code as follows :
> >JMP0613-U SORT MERGE LIBARY CANNOT BE LOADED .
> >FB3BESORT,DLL  CODE = 1157 = CHAPT17A  ADR=00401233.

> Problem Solved!

> It was a version over version install problem that had it confused.

> Solution: Uninstall all Fujitsu products from the Add/Remove programs.
> DELETE the \FSC directory and all subdirectories.
> Run REGEDIT and search for Fujitsu removing all entries.
> Re-install v4.  Everything works!

I think this is a real {*filter*}y pain. Mr. Microsoft again. Same headache
occurs when playing around with NetExpress reinstalls - that Registry
junk really screws things up. By comparison the old DOS RM/COBOL V2
re-installs just over-writing what exists - but even there, thanks to
Windows again, a slight problem. It comes up "Incompatible DOS Version
#". So you have to do SETVER - but Windows 98 no longer gives you SETVER
automatically - you now have to search for it.

Hhha ! And Windows was supposed to make life easier.

PS. You can put your marketing hat back on <G>

Jimmy, Calgary AB

Wed, 13 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Learn Cobol 24 Hours by Thane Hubbell
Hope I'm taggin on the proper thread.  It was pointed out to me that I
implied (said) AT&T bought IBM.  AT&T bought IBM Global services, also
known as Advantis, also know as IBM Internet services etc.  They did
this last year and promised no e-mail changes (to me when I asked) but
I guess they just could not keep IBM.NET so they will become
ATTGLOBAL.NET.  Alas, my e-mail address is published in over 15,000
books and I'm not really happy about the whole thing.  So I have
registered a domain name (that I will use for my independant software
sales efforts), and I'm looking for web hosting and e-mail forwarding
that has the features I want.  Once I find it, I'll become someone
else. AT&T is nice enough to forward ibm.net traffic for a year, but
that's it.

Thu, 14 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Learn Cobol 24 Hours by Thane Hubbell
simple and obvious for programmers - but what about other products.  I have
seen this with networks and other stuff that non-techys deal with.  Major
disaster for them.

Quote:

> > >I am new to Cobol and struck a problem in Chapter 17 of this book,the
only
> > >one to date.  Both Chapt 17a and d have the same error code as follows
:
> > >JMP0613-U SORT MERGE LIBARY CANNOT BE LOADED .
> > >FB3BESORT,DLL  CODE = 1157 = CHAPT17A  ADR=00401233.

> > Problem Solved!

> > It was a version over version install problem that had it confused.

> > Solution: Uninstall all Fujitsu products from the Add/Remove programs.
> > DELETE the \FSC directory and all subdirectories.
> > Run REGEDIT and search for Fujitsu removing all entries.
> > Re-install v4.  Everything works!

> I think this is a real {*filter*}y pain. Mr. Microsoft again. Same headache
> occurs when playing around with NetExpress reinstalls - that Registry
> junk really screws things up. By comparison the old DOS RM/COBOL V2
> re-installs just over-writing what exists - but even there, thanks to
> Windows again, a slight problem. It comes up "Incompatible DOS Version
> #". So you have to do SETVER - but Windows 98 no longer gives you SETVER
> automatically - you now have to search for it.

> Hhha ! And Windows was supposed to make life easier.

> PS. You can put your marketing hat back on <G>

> Jimmy, Calgary AB

Thu, 14 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Learn Cobol 24 Hours by Thane Hubbell

Quote:

> Hope I'm taggin on the proper thread.  It was pointed out to me that I
> implied (said) AT&T bought IBM.  AT&T bought IBM Global services, also
> known as Advantis, also know as IBM Internet services etc.  They did
> this last year and promised no e-mail changes (to me when I asked) but
> I guess they just could not keep IBM.NET so they will become
> ATTGLOBAL.NET.  Alas, my e-mail address is published in over 15,000
> books and I'm not really happy about the whole thing.  So I have
> registered a domain name (that I will use for my independant software
> sales efforts), and I'm looking for web hosting and e-mail forwarding
> that has the features I want.  Once I find it, I'll become someone
> else. AT&T is nice enough to forward ibm.net traffic for a year, but
> that's it.

This is a lesson to all internet companies and individuals.

This is discussed in the web development book on photo.net, a
worthwhile read for anyone interesting in developing applications for
the web.

Ken

Fri, 15 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Teach Yourself COBOL In 24 Hours!

2. TY COBOL in 24 Hours - via Amazon.com

3. Sams Teach Yourself COBOL in 24 Hours

4. Thane Hubbell

5. To Thane Hubbell

6. 50% off sale extended another 24 hours

7. Gitano Software Sites Down for the next 24 hours

8. Elasped Time past 24 hours

9. FA: Jupiter Ace - last 24 hours!

10. Planned 24 hour moderation outage.

11. Less than 24 hours... The Westergaard Y2K Colloquium

12. Review: Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours