Midwest Area Micro Focus User Group meeting (Chicago)
Author Message
 Midwest Area Micro Focus User Group meeting (Chicago)

Micro Focus presents:

"The Year 2000 Dilemma"

June 13, 1995, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

Micro Focus User Group

The Year 2000 is approaching . . . is your company ready? Micro Focus will
talk about this problem and how it affects your company. We will also
present some highlights of the May 1995 National Conference in
Philadelphia. XDB Systems will present its SQL Wizard product. Both Micro
Focus and XDB will be around to answer your questions on any and all
topics (if they can!).  In addition, Version 2 of the Micro Focus
Interactive CD will be available, and there will be a raffle of books and
other items.

WHERE:

Holiday Inn O'Hare                      708-671-6350            Map attached
address: 5440 North River Road, Rosemont, Illinois 60018

08:00 - 09:00   Registration desk is open

09:00 - 10:00   Bruce Griffin           Micro Focus             MVS Workbench

mainframe offloading and PL/I programmers. MVS Workbench offers seamless
transition for MVS programmers to the workstation and beyond. PL/I
programming support has been integrated into the product.

10:00 - 10:15   break

10:15 - 12:15 Dave Horrigan Micro Focus Year 2000 / Revolve Product

12:15 pm - 1:30 pm      lunch

about dealing with this vexing issue and how their Revolve reengineering
tool can help.

1:30 pm - 2:30 pm Nigel Hughes Micro Focus The Rehosting Challenge

OS/2 to unix, or even from unix to the mainframe: all these are examples
of rehosting. No matter what the platform, there are issues common to all
rehosting efforts.

2:30 pm - 2:45 pm       break

2:45 pm - 3:45 pm       Doug White &        XDB Systems             SQL Wizard
                        Amber Parsons

3:45 pm - 4:00 pm       break

4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Special Interest Groups, general Q&A for Micro Focus and
XDB

Attendance fees

Current members of the User Group may attend this meeting free of charge.
Non-members may attend by paying $35 at the door. Membership of the User
Group costs $95 for an individual annual membership and $225 for a
corporate annual membership.

User Group Alert

The User Group needs the help of the membership. The membership database
was corrupted shortly after the February meeting. We still have membership
names, both individual and corporate, but cannot reconstruct addresses and
phone numbers.

For this reason we request that all members who cannot attend the next
meeting, as well as anyone who wishes to receive user group mailings, send
in a card with their names (up to three in the case of corporates),
addresses and voice and fax phone numbers (and email address if available)
to the User Group (see our address below).

We will have forms available for the same purpose at the June meeting.

Advance meeting notification

We have tentatively planned the final two meetings of the year for
September 12, 1995 and November 14, 1995. Both will be all-day meetings
and will probably be at the Holiday Inn at O'Hare. Please call our
voicemail system (see below) to confirm these dates and locations one
month before the scheduled time.

How to contact us

Micro Focus User Group meeting and membership information can always be
obtained by calling our voicemail number at (708) 415-1933. Our mailing
address is:

Midwest Area Micro Focus Users Group, Inc., P.O. Box 3731, Oak Brook, IL
60522-3731 we can also be reached currently by email at

--
Jeffrey Benner          President, Midwest Area Micro Focus Users Group

Tue, 11 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Chicago area Midwest Area Micro Focus Users Group

2. Midwest Area Micro Focus Users Group

3. Micro Focus Users group meeting, Seattle, October 17

4. VI's MidWest Users Group Meeting Announcement

5. ANNOUNCE:: Chicago Area Tcl User's Group

6. Chicago Area Tcl Users Group Reminder

7. Chicago Area Tcl Users Group

8. Chicago ST Users' Group Meeting

9. Chicago ST Users's Group meeting

10. Chicago Smalltalk User Group meeting announcement

11. Chicago Smalltalk User Group meeting announcement

12. Chicago ST Users' Group Meeting